• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    There was recent video of an ATF agent scanning 4473s. Makes you wonder how much of that is going on and what their trying to do with that info.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I have heard there is some where between 10 and 40 million firearms with braces..Im sure many own more than one...but for arguments sake, let say that is one per person. If even 10% of the owners don't comply what are they going to do? Imprison 1 to 4 million Americans?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I told someone to just take the upper off the lower and remove the brace and get rid of it.

That should keep them legal shouldn't it?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have heard there is some where between 10 and 40 million firearms with braces..Im sure many own more than one...but for arguments sake, let say that is one per person. If even 10% of the owners don't comply what are they going to do? Imprison 1 to 4 million Americans?
    They don't care about imprisoning you. They will just make sure you never own another firearm. Thats the goal, not imprisonment.

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Looks like you can't put it in a trust either, unless it already in one. As for the ATF coming to your house, call local law enforcement, apparently they aren't real impressed with them either.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    After registering the firearm (lower) what what stop you from then putting a legit stock on the newly minted SBR? Can it really be stamp free SBR’s for all, I doubt it? I know it is a registration scheme and all, just asking.
    Have to notify if length of pull changes

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Not a lawyer but...

So far the easiest paths to compliance seem to be either snap on a `16" upper for an AR pistol or for any pistol remove the brace (and destroy, make unmountable, whatever you did with your bump stock).

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    Destroy the brace, upper and unbraced lower is a legal pistol
    the way it’s written now, it may not be. I’ve seen posts about them claiming a buffer tube is still shoulder-able, which could define bare ar pistols as sbr’s, so who really knows.

This is a BIG move towards preventing firearm sales… a massive step towards gun control and a super slippery slope to abide by. If we comply now, we’re Canada in 10 years.

Top Bottom