• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • movevio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    i just recently got into the suppressor world..as in still waiting on paperwork. i was hoping to get some input about a good place to have threads cut on a few guns. any info appreciated

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    i just recently got into the suppressor world..as in still waiting on paperwork. i was hoping to get some input about a good place to have threads cut on a few guns. any info appreciated

What suppressor did you get? Where are you located? What guns do you want threaded? All that info will help us help you. Also, sometimes it is just easier/cheaper to buy a new barrel, just depends on the gun.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Many places can thread your firearms including several forum members ... if you tell us a bit more info about where you're located and how far you're willing to travel or if you are willing to ship them we can tell you more.

movevio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    i bought a huntertown guardian .22 can and am located near batesville IN i guess the hosts would be a 10/22, savage 17hmr and a couple pistols. none of them have threads and was just wondering cost verses trying to trade barrels or buy new ones. thanks

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    i bought a huntertown guardian .22 can and am located near batesville IN i guess the hosts would be a 10/22, savage 17hmr and a couple pistols. none of them have threads and was just wondering cost verses trying to trade barrels or buy new ones. thanks
    Cost on the 10/22 is likely going to point to getting an aftermarket barrel if you see the added value in a better barrel. IE, threading will cost $75 or a new, high-quality threaded barrel would be $150. In that case, you can kill 2 birds with one stone by getting a better barrel for only slightly more than the threading job would cost you.

The savage may be in the same boat.

OTOH, the right smith may give you a pretty good break on price considering you have multiple guns to thread all at once.

I don't know of any smiths in the Batesville area so I can't help much there.

movevio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    thanks for the info countryboy. i figured that with the 10/22 but the wait for the barrel i would buy is longer than the wait for the can. im in the indianapolis area quite a bit and am willing to travel if the work is worth it. all info appreciated

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    thanks for the info countryboy. i figured that with the 10/22 but the wait for the barrel i would buy is longer than the wait for the can. im in the indianapolis area quite a bit and am willing to travel if the work is worth it. all info appreciated

INGO member AllenM does good work from what I hear. I think he's on the west-side...

scattergunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So when you get your supressor, you can move it to any gun with that thread and caliber?The tax stamp is only for the can alone, and not the gun and can combination? How long does the application take?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    So when you get your supressor, you can move it to any gun with that thread and caliber?The tax stamp is only for the can alone, and not the gun and can combination? How long does the application take?

Yes.
    Yes.
    Transfer times are running 7-9 months. (Yes, it sucks.)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

Yes, and you can typically use it on any caliber smaller. For instance, a 9mm supressor can be used on 22lr, and most can be used on 300 BLK Subsonic. Or a 762 suppressor can also be used on a 223 gun.

Top Bottom