• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Ive searched around here some but I cant find a thread that deals with our LTCH permit after a move.

As you know, we are "REQUIRED BY LAW" to notify the State Police, in writing, within 60 days of a change of address.

Writing a letter seems so old fashioned. Can I drop in at the local State Police post or do it by email?

What has been your experience and what have you done to update your status to maintain your LTCH?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yep, just as Joniki helpfully replied, you only need make a phone call.
    I did this just over five years ago when I moved, and it took a grand total of about three minutes, wait time included.
    They were even courteous when they picked up to take my call.

coreman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    McCordsville
    Hey guys,

I've had the same issue come up recently and made a change of address on AriesPortal.

Just checking: my address has been updated in the database but I've not yet ordered a new ID. It's fine the address on my LTCH doesn't match my current address, right?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Hey guys,

I've had the same issue come up recently and made a change of address on AriesPortal.

Just checking: my address has been updated in the database but I've not yet ordered a new ID. It's fine the address on my LTCH doesn't match my current address, right?

As a rule, I'm not the authority. That being said, you are correct. Just so the addy is correct in the database you are good to go. Technically, an updated card with the correct addy is not required.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    As a rule, I'm not the authority. That being said, you are correct. Just so the addy is correct in the database you are good to go. Technically, an updated card with the correct addy is not required.

Correct. It is not necessary to obtain a shiny pink plastic card with your new address, but it is a helluva lot more durable.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Got my plastic lifetime permit with my current address in the mail today. Time to archive the original laminated paper permit from 2007 in the shoe box.

Thanks again for the help fellas

Top Bottom