• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have some experience with several of them myself, way more than I ever cared to be associated with anyway. The ones I hate the most are the ones who have entirely to many Mr. Smiths and Mr Lynchs working for them... :popcorn:

When I am too old for SAR anymore I'm going to publish my write ups on exactly what goes on behind the scenes. And I'm not just talking at a county level. Until then I'm going to play nice because the mission requires it.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    DNR's website has an issue on their website where they discuss water pollution and cleanup from a former skeet range, maybe they should get IDEM involved.

A GF was an IDEM site inspector for a year or so and the amount of trouble she could make for folks made the IDNR look like amateurs. The only saving grace is there are so few of them.

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    well went to the sheriffs department today, got an appointment tomorrow with the sheriff, our town had another bomb threat at the highschool today so they were a little busy, 3rd day in a row there has been a threat made. But after talking to one of the officers for a little bit it seems as I am in the right and should have no problem tomorrow. As for the comments about the department, in no way shape or form would I condone saying anything bad about the department themselves, and would hope my forum post wouldnt turn into that, because I have been trying to get on the county and city for a while now, I appreciate all of the comments and alot of them have helped me in my research for the laws on all of this, as far as the fence I will be addressing this very soon, just gonna contact a surveyor and have them make sure of the property line and then take it from there.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    ....as far as the fence I will be addressing this very soon, just gonna contact a surveyor and have them make sure of the property line and then take it from there.

As far as your fence, you need to check your county property laws. I had a similar situation with a neighbor that put a garage up on part of my property. It was not an issue until he started something. I got the lot surveyed, etc. but still LOST because his garage had exceeded the time limitation for my complaint so that small piece of MY property became HIS !!!!:xmad:

purd002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I can not fathom that you and I share even the slightest iota of commanality. I will do whatever is perfectly legal on my property. I see you as another lib pushing your agenda. Be the better man? Holy sheet.
    Guns are dangerous? I can not wait to see what you say next. How bad do you want more laws?

By you doing what you feel is "perfectly legal", you may be infringing on your neighbors right to quiet enjoyment of his property. Guns are dangerous, and firing them on such a small piece of property could have consequences, both criminally and civilly. Have you ever feared for your safety sitting in your own home? I have. I live out in the country on property and have had tell my wife to get away from the windows because some inconsiderate "conservative" (since apparently I'm a lib for considering other peoples opinions in addition to my own) gambles with my safety. I have shot on my property and have seen and heard most of my neighbors do the same without issue. We had an issue with one that did not have a safe setup and I had to resort to calling the sheriff out.

Please don't assume and call us "libs" :xmad: because we see the other side of the argument. That's just mean! A little civility can go along way with these types of disputes.

The real issue should be the police intimidation assuming there are no local ordinances. The sheriff should inspect the area to ensure its safety. If it is a safe setup then go tell the neighbor to quit calling and work out a reasonable agreement between the two parties.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Horse people always get nutty about gunfire,like thier horse is going to be hit like its at Normandy beach invasion. Ive ask farmers to hunt ,they say what if you shoot a cow? I always wonder about that statement,its like they think hunters dont know the differance between a cow and a deer or rabbit.I always say ,aint going to happen but if it does Ill pay for it.
    We are horse owners(four horses and a pony) and I shoot on our property.

Horse owners probably are not worried about their horses getting hit. They are probably worried about their horses freaking out from the noise. Horses get freaked out by any kind of loud noise if they are not used to it.

Having said that, they will adjust to the noise pretty quickly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    By you doing what you feel is "perfectly legal", you may be infringing on your neighbors right to quiet enjoyment of his property. Guns are dangerous, and firing them on such a small piece of property could have consequences, both criminally and civilly. Have you ever feared for your safety sitting in your own home? I have. I live out in the country on property and have had tell my wife to get away from the windows because some inconsiderate "conservative" (since apparently I'm a lib for considering other peoples opinions in addition to my own) gambles with my safety. I have shot on my property and have seen and heard most of my neighbors do the same without issue. We had an issue with one that did not have a safe setup and I had to resort to calling the sheriff out.

Please don't assume and call us "libs" :xmad: because we see the other side of the argument. That's just mean! A little civility can go along way with these types of disputes.

The real issue should be the police intimidation assuming there are no local ordinances. The sheriff should inspect the area to ensure its safety. If it is a safe setup then go tell the neighbor to quit calling and work out a reasonable agreement between the two parties.

On the other end of that argument how do you know of someones political beliefs and why do they always have to be a part of disputes. I am a conservative and do shoot my guns but safely and with respect for others as this gentlemen said he did. If you are liberal in your thinking then glad for you. At least you have an opinion. Stand by it. We all need to drop the label makers and address the issues at hand. Just my humble opinion
    Yes, it seems the sheriff was being a bully as to often happens. I would start there having been dealt with in that fashion in the past.

purd002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    On the other end of that argument how do you know of someones political beliefs and why do they always have to be a part of disputes. I am a conservative and do shoot my guns but safely and with respect for others as this gentlemen said he did. If you are liberal in your thinking then glad for you. At least you have an opinion. Stand by it. We all need to drop the label makers and address the issues at hand. Just my humble opinion
    Yes, it seems the sheriff was being a bully as to often happens. I would start there having been dealt with in that fashion in the past.

I didn't talk about my political beliefs and try to avoid adding that into any internet conversation. They have no relevance and that was part of the point I was trying to make through sarcasm. Re-read the post i quoted.

BTW I'm very conservative :D

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    That is absurd, The cop would not call the DNR if laws were being broken nor would he need to. He would simply arrest you for illegally discharging a firearm. Check your Co. ordinances. P.S. Make sure no bullets ever leave your property. That is a big problem.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The more I read about some of the leos you boys run into, the more happy I am to live in quiet little Randolph county. Most of the sheriff's people here take a little pride in being the good guys. I'm not being a Pollyanna. We've seen our stinkers come and go, but they are the exception.

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN

Let us be civil and agree to disagree then

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Horse people always get nutty about gunfire,like thier horse is going to be hit like its at Normandy beach invasion.

We are horse owners(four horses and a pony) and I shoot on our property.

Horse owners probably are not worried about their horses getting hit. They are probably worried about their horses freaking out from the noise. Horses get freaked out by any kind of loud noise if they are not used to it.

Having said that, they will adjust to the noise pretty quickly.

In my experience, whether the owner worries about their horses comes down to 2 things. 1) How much faith they have in the shooter and 2) how smart their horses are.

A friend and I used to shoot at his house a decent amount a few years back, and they have 10 horses or so. His parents had full faith in our shooting, but the never trusted the horses; I'm not saying they were dumb, but I'm not saying they were smart. We started shooting, they'd get in our line of fire.

I always offered to take care of the horses, as a courtesy. My friend was all for it, his parents weren't.

Sounds to me like it's time for an INGO shooting event at your place. Get a few guys and make A LOT of noise.

And I strongly support this idea. INGO organized shooting event, and maybe someone could bring some exploding targets :D

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    but only people who promise to not get their truck stuck in his back yard can come.:D

nothing wrong with getting a truck stuck that just means i get to add a mud bogg area lol, Probably shouldn't though made the wife a little upset awhile back with my old jeep out there so I doubt she would like that to much, as far as the arguing on the liberal and what not, come on guys I know we all have our own opinions but we should all be mad at my neighbors not each other hahaha. Ill have an answer to the shooting issue tomorrow after my meeting with the sheriff.

Top Bottom