• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RLC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Greenville IN
    Great guns. Bought one in blue when they first came out with the GP100. I think there among the best looking wheel guns available. Lots of ammo choices. Reliable and hold their value pretty good.

mtinner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    somewhere in ohio
    I took the gun out yesterday and shot some .38 Winchester 158 grain Semi-Wadd cutters thru it. What a smooth operating gun, very little recoil. Now I need to adjust the sights just a bit, then off to get me some .357's. Thanks for all of the replies guys.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I think the 4" will serve you better in a home defense/range toy role. The noise of a 357 indoors is going to be deafening no matter what, but the shorter barrels only make it worse. The balance and recoil absorption of the longer barrel will make it more fun to shoot as well, plus the added benefit of being legal to hunt with, if you ever so choose to do so.

As far as good SD ammo in the 357 variety, I know for a fact that 125 grain bullets fired from a 357 do nasty things to flesh when they hit. I connected a 70 yard shot with a coyote the other day with a Remington 125 gr SJHP, and the mess it left behind was impressive. Judging from the wreckage, it wouldnt have issue stopping a human in short order.

Top Bottom