• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    Not true. XD's like most guns require a special tool to do the job properly. The tools cost about $300. If a gunsmith does 1 XD every year, is it really worth it to buy the tool?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I would bet you could get this taken care of at Elmore's. Also from what I understand it is his policy that if you buy the sights from him he will install them for free...

btwelch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    You can also get them installed at AAC in Mooresville. Thats where I bought my XD-45 and the guy said he could install night sights if I wanted. In fact he was supposed to call me when he got the sights in, maybe I'll call him tonight.

punker39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    north west side indianapolis
    install xd sights

i put new sights on my xd when i first bought it and i did it my self at home with no special tools, just made a holding jig out of wood to hold the slide, then used a brass drift punch that i did some work, and just taped the old sights out. not hard to do just have to be a hands on type of person

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm not sure why you would ever pay someone to install sights. A pusher is like $35. Use it twice, you've earned the money back.

I have heard that a brass punch + night sights could possibly maybe in theory damage the vials though, so I'd rock out the 1/4" dowel rod for that. Left to right to uninstall, right to left to install...

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    i have the mgw specific tool for the xd, my sights were too tight to drift out with a punch, too bad im in evansville or id offer to do it for ya for cheap ;)

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you're coming up North anytime soon, Jerry's Gun shop will do it for free or $5.........and Westforth Sports will do it for ~$10-15 if you haggle them a little bit.

cigarman454

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    East Central, IN
    I did mine myself with a vise and a pin punch. I would not recommend anyone to do this, the rear came off easy, the front I had to take a cutoff wheel and literally almost cut it into before it came out.
    :ar15:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have Dave at 21st Century put some Big Dots on my XD yesterday. He wasn't happy about me asking him, but he did a fine job.

Top Bottom