• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have a pair of sweet gum trees in my front yard that are approximately 25' - 30' tall. They have been suffering from some sort of disease and my wife and I are finally ready for them to go away. I live in a neighborhood, so I cannot get rid of them the easy way (cut and burn). I can cut them down myself, but have no way to haul them off. I'm either looking for an affordable guy to cut and haul OR I'm looking for someone who would just do the hauling. Neighbor got a quote to have his cut, hauled, and have the stumps ground. It was $600 per tree. I didn't think that was too bad, but I wouldn't mind doing some work to save a little bit of money.

Is there a hauling service in Indy that would drop a trailer and pick it up later? I know places do this with dumpsters, although I don't need that much space. Or, any tree guys or somebody with a trailer interested in a small side job? Please give me some suggestions.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    that's a good price for a tree that size, especially by a house. You may be able to get someone from craigslist to grab the wood if they chop it up and leave it

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Get in touch with the company your neighbor was quoted by - contact them and then get a "bulk" pricing. May get better prices for both of you because they don't have to set up / transport.

Top Bottom