• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inabcentia

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Bloomington
    I recently purchased my first AR15. It has a front sight but is a flatop and no rear sight. I have been looking at various makes of BUIS like, Troy, ARMS, DD and so on. I then started looking at handles which at first I didn't really like the looks of but have changed my mind on that some. Now I could be happy with a quality handle or just a BUIS. I haven't decided whether to get a fold down BUIS but I am leaning toward one that does not fold down. At this point I plan to use this sight as the main sight for this rifle, hopefully being able to practice enough to make small groups of holes in paper using this configuration on this rifle (in other words with no optics). I would eventually like to get an eotech sight but like everything that is money and that is down the line. For now, I want a really good BUIS that is well made, easy to use and dependable. I figure folks here are the most informed so let's hear it. Thanks in advance for your input.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I have this one and like it a lot
    matech.jpg

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The Matech would be last on my list for a main rear sight........and I have a few of them.

If you are wanting a buis to use as you main sight while you save for an optic, and want something that can still be used with the EOTech in the future, the LMT would be a good choice. It is rugged and can take a beating.

Or go with the removable carry handle. You can usually find good ones for around $50 on the "used" market. Most sell them off to buy folders right away.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Midwest Industries makes a solid rear flip-up sight (front ones too :D). As far as a primary optic, after having both an EOTech and an Aimpoint, I've found I like my EOTech better. Both are great sights for the right application, but the EOTech is just more fitting to my needs. YMMV.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you have any inkling that you may someday add an optic, I would go ahead with the flip-up from Troy. It's solid, lightweight, but $$.

If you aren't going to add an optic, or if you don't mind a fixed BUIS behind your optic, I'd check out the offerings from LaRue or Daniel Defense.

LRT.202-1.jpg

Daniel%20Defense%20Fixed%20Rear%20Sight.jpg

Unless you just happened to be really fond of carrying around your AR by a handle, I'd skip the carry handle route.

cranduit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    I only have practice with the non-flipping versions (I can't seem to scrap together enough change for an Aimpoint or EOTech) but I really like my Daniel Defense.

Top Bottom