• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmildoc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    South of Indy (in the woods)
    I have lived here for just about 2 years now since I got out of the Navy, I have owned my own business and worked for a property owner maintaining his properties, my main focus has been school. Now I have atleast one degree and working on the second. But with unemployment quickly running out (its not enough in the first place) I need a job ASAP....any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have posted my resume on all job boards as well as been to VOC Rehab and the work one centers... The problem that I face is that taking a job for less than $17.00 an hour does me no good because I have two kids to put in daycare.....So if anyone can help in any way please let me know... I will post my resume for employers and people who would like to critique it as well....

Thanks in Advance INGO!!

Objective

Seeking a challenging position in a career field where my acquired skills and traits can be used more abroad. Looking for a secure position where my administrative and management skills can be exercised.

Professional Skills

· Microsoft Office
    · Microsoft Windows
    · Microsoft Excel
    · Supply
    · Inventory
    · Office Procedures

· Filing/Editing
    · Purchasing
    · Telephone Skills
    · Management Skills
    · Customer Service Skills

Education

University of Phoenix Graduated 7/2010
    AA in Business Management

Currently Pursuing BS for Business with concentration in Supply & Operations Management

Hospital Corpsman (Medical Assistant Certification) C-School Great Lakes,IL

Seaborne Challenge Corps High School Graduated 12/2001

Many other certifications through military. Will provide list upon request.
    Employment Skills

· Over four years experience in Office Setting.
    · Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
    · Strong Communication skills.
    · Previously managed 12 others in office setting.
    · Previously responsible for managing millions of dollars worth of equipment.
    · Self manage all work on personally created excel spreadsheets.
    · Extremely capable of working in a fast paced environment.
    · Capable of following as well as writing Standard Operating Procedures.
    · Previously responsible for government credit card as well as purchasing.
    · Vast knowledge in all Microsoft Office Programs.
    · Extremely capable of purchasing/supply/obtaining quotes as well as negotiating with companies.
    · Able to learn anything very quickly and efficiently because of military training.

Employment History

Various Jobs from Hauling Hay, Construction and working in warehouses.
    United States Navy
    01/2000-11/2003
    12/2003-12/2008

Honors, Awards
    Special Achievements
    Self Employed Business Owner

National Defense Medal, Global War on Terrorism Medal, Good Conduct Medal, Receiving Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
    05/2009-04/2010

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    opm.gov. click on jobs,jobs, jobs on right side. Why not seek employment with the Navy at NSA Crane. All they are hiring are vets when they can get them.

Also call Atterbury and ask for the cob office. Help train the troops. Pay is 18.00+ per hour and the work is fun! They are always looking for people. Good luck

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    opm.gov. click on jobs,jobs, jobs on right side. Why not seek employment with the Navy at NSA Crane. All they are hiring are vets when they can get them.

Also call Atterbury and ask for the cob office. Help train the troops. Pay is 18.00+ per hour and the work is fun! They are always looking for people. Good luck

yeah but thats not a constant paycheck for him to raise a family on. the hours are spread around and they are few.
    I know people there.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Check the Indiana .gov website. They take around 3-4 weeks to get back to you after you apply, but it's worth a try.

Also, try indeed.com

Best job site I've found to date, hands down. It kicks Monster.com squarely in the nuts. :D

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Well let's see...in terms of an office job there is a position in Indy at Sallie Mae which starts at $10.50/hr plus uncapped commission. Not sure how far south of Indy you are at though.

jmildoc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    South of Indy (in the woods)
    Well only one good job offer but not hiring till the end of Nov beginning of Dec... Anyone know of any jobs that pay more than $16.00 and hour I need at the very least that...

Really sad that a veteran with a degree cant get a job out here.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I've got a place that's always hiring stand up fork lift drivers in a refrigerated warehouse. They only start out around $11-12 an hour but there's usually overtime like crazy, especially for new people, would be like more money an hour for sure.

whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    Jobs

upsjobs.com they do hire off of the street for drivers from time to time and with your background there might be more, with your military background you should be able to put up with how you are treated there. :dunno:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Gotta say: $16 an hour is pretty steep, I barely make that and I am in a professional sales environment. Instead of going for a super high wage job, what in your life needs truncating? No offense, but the wage paid is not equivalent to job done (sort of is though), its according to what skills/experience you can bring to the table. They aren't paying you for your time, they are paying you for your experience.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    thanks but i just dont see myself driving an hour and 45 minutes to work...

I live in morgan county

A relative of mine does. He really likes his job at Crane. Also, they are building the interstate (so they say) much quicker than they originally planned. That hour and 45 mins could end up just being an hour in just three short years. He has XM radio and purchased an econo box for gas savings. Not only that, they let some of the employees work nine hour days so that every other Friday is a day off.

If you are ex-military and wouldn't mind armed security, but still technically be a "police officer," look to see if VA hospital police are hiring. Good pay, and they seem to only have veterans. Last I heard, you still have to go to the Federal LE officer academy, but they pay for most everything and it only last three months.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Getting $16+ per hour starting with an AA degree is not going to be easy in a professional/office environment.

I do understand the costs of daycare... I feel for ya.

You really need to get your foot in the door and build/earn your way up the ladder. Just my two cents.

Good luck.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I've got a place that's always hiring stand up fork lift drivers in a refrigerated warehouse. They only start out around $11-12 an hour but there's usually overtime like crazy, especially for new people, would be like more money an hour for sure.

That's brutal work from what I have seen. Those guys go from relatively warm environments to very cold temperatures all day long. I've heard the turnover is fairly high also because of the working environment. But.... it's a job!

Top Bottom