• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    To the OP, when I was first put on anticoagulants I was Jones'n to shoot. I ended up buying an Ishapore 2A1 and a crap load of the German 7.62x51 plastic ammo. It gives you all the bang and smell with less recoil than a .22lr. It shoots a 10gr plastic projectile at about 4500fps. As fun as a barrel of monkeys and cheap to shoot.

You have to figure out a sight picture but it will fold up a racoon at 100yards.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Did they use a mesh for your hernia?
    Last I heard that was a bad idea unless they have figured it out in the last 15 years or so.
    I hope they have mesh figured out.
    I had a bad inguinal hernia that was as big as a softball with jagged ends back in 2015.

The surgeon, who had been a surgeon for 40+ years said it was the 3rd largest hernia he had ever repaired, and HAD to use mesh.

SO FAR no problems.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    To the OP, when I was first put on anticoagulants I was Jones'n to shoot. I ended up buying an Ishapore 2A1 and a crap load of the German 7.62x51 plastic ammo. It gives you all the bang and smell with less recoil than a .22lr. It shoots a 10gr plastic projectile at about 4500fps. As fun as a barrel of monkeys and cheap to shoot.

You have to figure out a sight picture but it will fold up a racoon at 100yards.
    I still have a couple hundred rounds of that stuff.
    Yes, more fun than should be allowed by law, but also incredibly loud.
    I think my box says 11gr.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    For those who did not know what I was talking about on a previous post, here is the German plastic ammo I was speaking of. It comes in a box of 50 and I bought them a few years ago for $8-$9 per box.
    1694192943276.jpeg
    The primers seem to need a fat military firing pin to set them off. The thin commercial firing pins have way to many FTF's. And if these don't go off molding them to your chamber it is a bad time trying to clear one in the commercial rifles. Problem free in the Ishapore 2A1 and the converted Spanish Mausers.

The projectile is 10-11gr of plastic going around 4500fps at the muzzle. It will roll a coon inside of 100 yards but have to be generous with your sight picture...

Top Bottom