• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    So i bought my son a smith and wesson M&P 15-22 for christman and now he wants to put an optic on it. He is big into the COD games so he wants an acog of course, :facepalm:, but im not paying $1,000 for a true acog. Will the NcStar 4x32 work for a 22? I know they arent top of the time battle optics and all, this definately isnt going to see any combat. It will be used to shoot paper and cans and stuff like that. Will this be a good choice for a 22? Any help is greatly appreciated!

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hey Bonez87...

...Interested in low-cost optics for your MP15-22? So was I, and I have already spent hundreds of dollars on junk so you won't have to!

MP1522Optics.jpg

From Right to left:

Vortex StrikeFire ($140-$160). Not a bad optic...sealed, red/green dot, NV Mode (dimmer). Comes with a magnifier, and flip-up caps. Drawbacks: the 'reticule' is a single dot (red or green). The whole thing looks kinda janky when installed.

Bushnell Trophy 1X30 MP Red-Dot. ($150-ish). Looked OK at the store, I liked the reticule (a hybrid cross/dot thingy...sorta like the ACOG). Selectable reticule intensity and color (red/green). It looks cool on the rifle...but the reticule is crooked in the viewfinder (rotated about 10 degrees clockwise). I contacted Bushnell about this and they sent me a new one. I sold it. Still have ol' crooked, though...

Barksa Electro Sight 1X30: ($100). Red reticule, adjustable intensity. Sealed body, no magnification. Actually...not a bad optic for the AR-22, it looks a little like the ACOG, has a decent dot and reticule (centered and level), holds zero...low cost. This is what stayed on my MP15-22 until I got the EOTech for my AR15...which freed up this one:

Bushnell HoloSight ($249) (Installed on my MP15-22, bottom). This is basically an EOTech built for the sporting market. The reticule is the same as the EOTech (a LASER Hologram), it retains zero...and is WICKED COOL to shoot. I used it on the AR for a couple of years while I wore my wife down on the EOTech. It is a little more money than the ACOG lookalikes, but is a high quality optic that will last as long as the rifle. I HIGHLY recommend this optic...

(did I mention it uses a frikkin' LASER!?!)

...soup cans beware!

-Paul

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Hey Bonez87...

...Interested in low-cost optics for your MP15-22? So was I, and I have already spent hundreds of dollars on junk so you won't have to!

MP1522Optics.jpg

From Right to left:

Vortex StrikeFire ($140-$160). Not a bad optic...sealed, red/green dot, NV Mode (dimmer). Comes with a magnifier, and flip-up caps. Drawbacks: the 'reticule' is a single dot (red or green). The whole thing looks kinda janky when installed.

Bushnell Trophy 1X30 MP Red-Dot. ($150-ish). Looked OK at the store, I liked the reticule (a hybrid cross/dot thingy...sorta like the ACOG). Selectable reticule intensity and color (red/green). It looks cool on the rifle...but the reticule is crooked in the viewfinder (rotated about 10 degrees clockwise). I contacted Bushnell about this and they sent me a new one. I sold it. Still have ol' crooked, though...

Barksa Electro Sight 1X30: ($100). Red reticule, adjustable intensity. Sealed body, no magnification. Actually...not a bad optic for the AR-22, it looks a little like the ACOG, has a decent dot and reticule (centered and level), holds zero...low cost. This is what stayed on my MP15-22 until I got the EOTech for my AR15...which freed up this one:

Bushnell HoloSight ($249) (Installed on my MP15-22, bottom). This is basically an EOTech built for the sporting market. The reticule is the same as the EOTech, it retains zero...and is WICKED COOL to shoot. I used it on the AR for a couple of years while I wore my wife down on the EOTech. It is a little more money than the ACOG lookalikes, but is a high quality optic that will last as long as the rifle. I HIGHLY recommend this optic...

...soup cans beware!

-Paul

Thanks for the detailed reviews. This was very helpful!!

Top Bottom