• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    An extreme example of why you should carry at home. One "youth" knocked on the door as a decoy and three ended up pushing their way into the home carrying guns. They started with robbing the family and when they decided to rape the granddaughter, granddad got into a firefight with the three, killing one and wounding the two others while taking multiple wounds himself. Not sure of the specifics why grandpa held off actively defending until well into the attack, but he did well against superior numbers. I hope he recovers fully and the remaining predators never see freedom again.

From the original source article:
    Faison, Stephens and Hawkins are believed to have been involved in other home invasion robberies

Good job protecting your family, grandpa. (link)

2l94lxu.jpg

Last edited:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    An extreme example of why you should carry at home. One "youth" knocked on the door as a decoy and three ended up pushing their way into the home carrying guns.

Don't open your door to strangers. Have some way of monitoring those at your door. Carrying a gun around the house is not enough to overcome the lack of basic precaution.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Way to go grandad! Curious why he waited to open fire. Quite possible he didn't have access to the firearm until that point.

Bingley said it right though. If you don't know the person at the door, don't answer it. If someone is banging on your door asking for help, call 911 and inform the person of such. If they truly need help they will stay and if not they would likely run off.

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Way to go grandad! Curious why he waited to open fire. Quite possible he didn't have access to the firearm until that point.

Well, he was outnumbered 3 to 1. Who knows where his weapon was. It was probably borderline suicidal to engage them (he was ultimately shot several times) so as long as he thought they'd take the $$ and run that was probably the best course. Only when they demonstrated intent to rape the grand daughter did he likely decide the risk was worth taking. Not knowing how it went down, that makes a certain amount of sense.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    That's why I pointed out that waiting was odd. Was he not carrying and he only reached the gun when she was about to be raped? Was he cooperating thinking it was only a robbery and he didn't want to risk dealing with three shooters? Did they have their backs turned to him when they went after the granddaughter and he decided that was the time to act? Something else? We just don't have enough info to judge.

Whatever the specifics, he was able and brave enough to protect his family and eliminate the threats. He also put an end to a string of home invasions/robberies. :yesway:

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for the grandfather. A shame all the thugs didn't die.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well, he was outnumbered 3 to 1. Who knows where his weapon was. It was probably borderline suicidal to engage them (he was ultimately shot several times) so as long as he thought they'd take the $$ and run that was probably the best course. Only when they demonstrated intent to rape the grand daughter did he likely decide the risk was worth taking. Not knowing how it went down, that makes a certain amount of sense.

That's why I pointed out that waiting was odd. Was he not carrying and he only reached the gun when she was about to be raped? Was he cooperating thinking it was only a robbery and he didn't want to risk dealing with three shooters? Did they have their backs turned to him when they went after the granddaughter and he decided that was the time to act? Something else? We just don't have enough info to judge.

Whatever the specifics, he was able and brave enough to protect his family and eliminate the threats. He also put an end to a string of home invasions/robberies. :yesway:

Yes. And this is what really bugs me about Some of the Anti crowd... believing that you just cooperate and they'll go away not causing any physical harm. Oh how wrong they are, but I hope they realize the err of their ways and correct their heading down a dangerous path to better prepare for such a happening before someone ends up beaten to near death or dead. Those criminals are of a different mindset and they do not care for your feelings. You are a means for them to get something and that is all.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    No matter what a "Progressive" tells you, IMO there is *nothing* morally superior in being a victim, especially choosing to be a victim.

Woe unto thee who attempts to harm my family. Bravo Grampa, God speed in your recovery, I hope you get a medal pinned on your chest!

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Correct me if I'm wrong but .. The gentleman (pun intended) in the middle with the tear drop tatoos .. Doesn't that mean he killed someone while in prison? If he would do that to his own then the general public would be dirt for him to walk on. The world is wrong ! There will need to be more & stronger actions taken to stop this from being the norm! Kudos to Grampa!!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Correct me if I'm wrong but .. The gentleman (pun intended) in the middle with the tear drop tatoos .. Doesn't that mean he killed someone while in prison? If he would do that to his own then the general public would be dirt for him to walk on. The world is wrong ! There will need to be more & stronger actions taken to stop this from being the norm! Kudos to Grampa!!

I just looked this up, as I never knew there was any significance to these teardrop tattoos. It could mean what you mentioned, as well as # of years spent in the joint, or the number of times you were bubbarized while in prison.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I recall reading this when somebody posted a while back. Link shows the story is more than 2 months old.

Good on the grandpa for taking action. Has anybody seen any updates on his condition/recovery?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I recall reading this when somebody posted a while back. Link shows the story is more than 2 months old.

Good on the grandpa for taking action. Has anybody seen any updates on his condition/recovery?

Hate it when that happens. A couple of sites that I read covered this in the last two days. Didn't check the source article date.

I did a search and the only reference I was able to find on his condition was here:
    He is expected to make a complete recovery.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    No matter what a "Progressive" tells you, IMO there is *nothing* morally superior in being a victim, especially choosing to be a victim.

That's close to what I was told in a defensive training class last year. The question was posed on how to convince an "anti-carry" person that carrying is fine (and good). The trainer told us to pose the question "Which woman is morally superior? The one laying on the floor crying and bleeding after being raped, or the one standing over her attacker with a gun?". I thought it was a really good question.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hang them high on the town square to set a example, scum.

Thank goodness we're a civilized society that understands that rehabilitation and hand outs are the way to stamp out crime, unemployment, single parent families and the general fall of society as we know it!!!

(Hopefully I pushed the above statement far enough that it's obviously sarcasm)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Saturday morning hangings on the courthouse square, boys and girls. Bring out the kiddies. Sell popcorn, hot dogs and balloons. Hang them in the county where they're convicted, so their victims and families can see the end result of their style of "turning their lives around". Maybe their children, nieces and nephews can do better after witnessing the natural conclusion of "thug life".

I know many of you think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I strongly suspect that part of the reason so many young people go wrong today is that there is no concrete cautionary example before them of the downsides of misbehaving. Consequences are so far removed from actions in our justice system as to be meaningless to those of sub average and sometimes even average intelligence and maturity.

As gruesome as it may seem, I think seeing Uncle Billy twisting at the end of a rope because of what he did would set many back on the straight and narrow. Call me old fashioned.

Top Bottom