• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would think so but im not an expert on carry laws.
    Also if you go there dont come back with empty hands, bring back gifts for everyone. :D

I would like a M9 pistol and a M4 rifle, please. :)

Oh and a few cases of ammo if that's not too heavy for you.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I'd be inclined to say no, considering it is a part of an active military base. Or if carry is allowed, I would think it would be restricted on base. Negatory regarding loaded carry in the armory. Armorers are the only ones Ive seen allowed to carry a loaded sidearm within the confines of the armory.

Good Question.

Last edited:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I attended gun shows at the Guard Armories in Seymour and Salem in years past. They used to have them at the one on Holt Road in Indy, too. If you can sell guns there, it seems logical that you carry there as well, but logic and law are often mutually exclusive.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The armory in TH has signs on the door that say no firearms allowed...

Can't say that everybody follows that policy, or if it's a law, but it is on the door.

I realize that doesn't help much... I've always wondered this too.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I attended gun shows at the Guard Armories in Seymour and Salem in years past. They used to have them at the one on Holt Road in Indy, too. If you can sell guns there, it seems logical that you carry there as well, but logic and law are often mutually exclusive.

They still have them at the Holt Road armory. The next one is November 25-26-27.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Considering the NG Armory on Holt Road has gun shows, I CC'd there another time. However, I saw some paperwork that stated a prohibition on weapons of any kind, etc., even in the parking lot. There was also a, "Threat Level A", sign posted on the doors, that mentioned random searches of any persons or vehicles on the property. I compromise, and leave it in the truck now. Legal or not, it would probably not be a laughing matter.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    It is a military installation NO FIREARMS AT ALL! Not even in you POV. I learned the hard way when my platoon sgt smoked the holy **** out of me. Then told me if i do keep one in my pov to keep it well hidden and quit as a church mouse. This was about a month ago

Cophgnsnuf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Williamsport
    As a full time recruiter for the Guard I agree with warriorbob. At the gun shows they allow the public coming in to have guns but not loaded. On daily business there we are not allowed personal firearms in the armory. I keep mine in the truck center console while my pov in is the parking lot.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    There's a sign in the armories that clearly states no firearms allowed with the exception of sworn police officers on duty. This includes the parking lot as well. The gun shows are an exception I believe because they are during a weekend when there is usually nobody working. Not to mention they are money makers for the armory board.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I am interested in this as well. To my knowledge, they are not Federal Property, so they are not considered Military Bases, like an Active Duty base is defined. On an active base, you can not CC since it is federal property.

These are considered State Property, but I don't know Indiana law well enough to know what the right thing to do is.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Theres a sign out front of Stout Field, the building where the gun show is, that says Property of US Government.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Theres a sign out front of Stout Field, the building where the gun show is, that says Property of US Government.

I'll look for it next time I'm over that way. I've never seen it, and usually I look for those types of things.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I did just find out - on good authority - the The Adjutant General has a policy that restricts firearms on state property. However, the state law overrides this policy. So although there is a policy preventing it, it would be difficult to enforce citing IC 34-28-7-2

There are some state buildings for the National Guard that also have Federal Rules. Any building this is shared by the Army Reserve, or USMC might fall under this guidance, so if you work at one of those buildings, park on the state side of the building, in the parking lot that the state paid for, not the part the federal government paid for.

Edited: OC or CC is still against state law and TAG policy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom