• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Query: by Tweeting up this tempest in a teapot to typhoon proportions, what's Trump trying to distract people from?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Query: by Tweeting up this tempest in a teapot to typhoon proportions, what's Trump trying to distract people from?

Who knows: Healthcare failure, his poor response to the most recent North Korean threats (wimpy), Mueller now talking to the IRS, the Kushner hypocrisy, the inevitable flood of Puerto Rican to the mainland, the removal of drone strike limitations. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Couldn't it just be that he tweeted whatever random thought he had at the moment? Why do people keep thinking he's playing 4-D chess? I think some thought comes to mind. Then he tweets that thought. And then there are consequences, because he's the POTUS. Some consequences happen to be advantageous for him. Some not.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Couldn't it just be that he tweeted whatever random thought he had at the moment? Why do people keep thinking he's playing 4-D chess? I think some thought comes to mind. Then he tweets that thought. And then there are consequences, because he's the POTUS. Some consequences happen to be advantageous for him. Some not.

Whoa! You mean he did something 100% consistent with all of his past tweeting behavior? I am shocked.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Whoa! You mean he did something 100% consistent with all of his past tweeting behavior? I am shocked.

That made sense the first time he tweeted about it. But now, he is actively sustaining it.

Someone I know recently resurrected the "but he's not a politician" bit. He is. He's stumbled upon a wedge issue that he's using to divide people and distract them from the other stuff he's doing and not doing. He's totally a politician.

When last football season ended, this was a thing. But no one really cared. President jumps in, there's a knee-jerk response from those he targets, now everyone is taking sides. This is basically a variant of Obama's "clinging bitterly" quip (which itself was just a contemporary example of the tactic).

I cannot believe that this is the most important issue facing our country at this moment.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Nobody here is talking about "passing a law", certainly not me. The whole thing is, these people should WANT to show respect for the flag, etc. Cry-babies and selfie takers is all they are. "It's my right...." crap is dumb and childish, even if it IS their 'right'. Do you really defend the jerks at these Antifa rallies that scream in the faces of honest, hard-working LEO's, who are simply trying to keep the peace? That's their exercising their free speech.... but it is also and even more so, ignorant and fully DIVISIVE. They should all move to California.....
    Or Cuba.

Yeah, I know..... they have "the right" to be ignorant.
    Decisive? Only if we let it. If have found that much of this comes from misinformation and ignorance. The only way to correct that is through conversation and information. Until then, there is little reason to let any of this bother us. The ignorant don't know what they don't know. This entire topic is silly BS that has no impact on our daily lives. Just how important is this crap? Not very.

That made sense the first time he tweeted about it. But now, he is actively sustaining it.

Someone I know recently resurrected the "but he's not a politician" bit. He is. He's stumbled upon a wedge issue that he's using to divide people and distract them from the other stuff he's doing and not doing. He's totally a politician.

When last football season ended, this was a thing. But no one really cared. President jumps in, there's a knee-jerk response from those he targets, now everyone is taking sides. This is basically a variant of Obama's "clinging bitterly" quip (which itself was just a contemporary example of the tactic).

I cannot believe that this is the most important issue facing our country at this moment.
    It's not. We are being led by our noses by the media coverage. They are feeding us and we are letting them.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    At an "event" and it's played I stand, place my right hand over my heart and think about the meaning of the words. My eyes always seem to get dust in them for some reason. . . I guess I should talk to my allergist but I don't think a shot will help. At home conversations typically stop during the playing of the anthem but no I do not stand with hand over heart.

As a child growing up and living on many military bases we were taught to stop our activities and face the flag during "retreat". The large majority of us kids did it because it was what you did. We didn't really understand it at the time but I'm glad I did it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    At an "event" and it's played I stand, place my right hand over my heart and think about the meaning of the words. My eyes always seem to get dust in them for some reason. . . I guess I should talk to my allergist but I don't think a shot will help. At home conversations typically stop during the playing of the anthem but no I do not stand with hand over heart.

As a child growing up and living on many military bases we were taught to stop our activities and face the flag during "retreat". The large majority of us kids did it because it was what you did. We didn't really understand it at the time but I'm glad I did it.

I was always caught on a baseball field, so it was routine.

Top Bottom