• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    We know we can get most stuff done with $10 Mora knives. But what about the other end of the spectrum? Let's make a list of expensive knives. Here are the requirements:

1. The knives should be designed for use rather than show. No art knives with the Hope Diamond for a pommel.

2. The knives are not really custom. (The manufacturer/maker makes them batches at a time, and they are pretty much all the same except for some standard options.)

3. Anyone can buy one (i.e., no law enforcement-only knives with special features unavailable to us civies)

4. A link would be nice.

I guess I'm leaving "expensive" undefined. We all have our own definitions. For me, over $300 is definitely getting there, and $500 seems downright expensive to me. Anything in the four digit range?

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Microtech, strider, hinderer, chris reeves, randall, not sure if murray carter would fall in the custom category or this one...

O yea -- and Busse.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Microtech, strider, hinderer, chris reeves, randall, not sure if murray carter would fall in the custom category or this one...

O yea -- and Busse.

plus maybe graham knives (the razels ect) benchmade gold class, zero tolerances high end stuff, DDR knives, lionsteel, spyderco's higher end stuff is amazing, emersons custom stuff,

and probably one of my favorites, k9 knives (tom krien and daniel kosters colab company)

and did anyone mention Busse yet :)

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Mercworx has some pretty high dollar knives: Mercworx I have to admit, they catch my eye.

I have one Busse that I paid $275 for. Honestly though, after a couple hundred bucks, you're up there with custom knives so I personally have a hard time paying for production at that price point.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I can sell you my used Spyderco Tenacious for $5000, it's a great little knife. :)

How is that for expensive?

I've got one that I could let go for $4,500. I'm sure Brad would be able to help me replace it and possibly add a few more folders to the collection of pointy, sharp things.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Hey, no one specified quality. Those are expensive knife shaped bits of metal.

My Bad!!! I just thought "expensive" would/should go hand in hand with "quality". :facepalm:

Now that I have bashed Cold Steel...let it be perfectly clear that some of their models are very good in quality. The bashing stems from the fact that I personally don't care for the way they (Cold Steel) do business and the fact that they don't make any of their own knives. Cold Steel knives are made by someone other than Cold steel and they put the Cold Steel name on it for them.

whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    Not sure if you consider my R. Bose Backpocket knife a custom/art, but I use it every day..for about anything. Wiring jobs, open mail, boxes, cut flowers for my wife, dig out splinters, clean squirrels, clean my nails, and peal an apple. They are not cheap but worth every penny..I know that sounds crazy cause I can use my $15 Old Timer Muskrat for the same job but I just like the feel of a quality knife in my pocket ready for action. I wont say what I payed for it or what I have been offered... ;) This would fall in the "over 4 digit"

Top Bottom