• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I pretty much have up on NAGR because I sensed Brown was willing to stab anybody and everybody in the back to gain attention to himself, even to the point of calling other gun rights organizations outright liars. That said, I personally have issues with the National Reciprocity movement as it stands and some of them are the same as NAGR's.

While it removes the States ability make someone an instant felon simply by geographical location, it doesn't restrict them from making an already over complex web of do's and don'ts regardling carry laws even more complex, making it virtually impossible for the average citizen to understand let alone comply with. I see that the only remedy to this would be Federal Preemption, via an amendment to this bill or a separate act. While this sounds like a good idea in practice, it would in effect put the Federal Govt in charge of ALL gun law. For some of the more restrictive States residents, this might be good but the converse it's what frightens me.

There are many States which have permitless carry, this could, and I expect would be one of the first sacrificial lambs to the compromise that will have to come in order for passage.

GFZ signs would most likely carry the force of law everywhere and this would be Federal, not State law.

Magazine capacity limits, another hot button issue, will sure to be a major sticking point from some States specifically high population states with many representatives in the House.

These are a few of my concerns among many. What it boils down to is this: I don't trust the Federal Govt to EVER err on the side of Liberty and I believe that any Legislative National Reciprocity effort will be fraught with more ways to criminalize us than remedies to restore our freedoms.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I know there are gun people with concerns about national reciprocity, but the reasons addressed in the article are sufficient. I can't believe it's so difficult to make other states respect licensing. It doesn't change any state's laws or the enforcement of those laws, just that you must recognize the license. If you break a state gun law, you're still liable, just not also guilty of illegally carrying.

I still remember Lugar was the only Republican that voted against it when we were oh-so-close. He was soundly defeated in the next election, but here we are years down the road and still have to play the licensing game to maximize how many states reciprocate. Do you see that in ANY other licensing?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Need to read the NAGR post / info

I agree there are serious things to watch for with a push for Nat.Reciprocity.

S.498 seems to cover it well - IF (and ONLY IF) it is un amended - and then 'eternal vigilance' is needed to see that it remains.

Current form (of this bill) as of last week
    - seemed to cover Licensed and Constitutional Carry in an appropriate manner.
    - left license/permit standards to individual states.
    - set no standards an in training/permit requirements/UBC's etc.

- current house version - are not at complete w/ Constitutional carry section.

Also CSGV - MDA - EtFGS etc (or Bloomburg's $ hounds in other words) - are fighting / campaigning against this with great veracity already.

And there was a GOA e-mail/post on FB etc that something with this may get tied to a budget CR this week or early next yet ...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    None of this really matters:

1] A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ANY gun regulation is a violation of the 2nd Amendment. This law, Supreme as written and superseding all other Federal and State law, has been infringed with impunity for over 100 years, perhaps longer depending on your point of view. Will any regulation change that when the Constitution itself is ignored?

2] Our current President has violated so many laws now, up to and including Constitutional law, that the precedent has become that whatever Congress and the President want to do for the moment supersedes actual written law. He is not the first, just the latest and the most blatant.

3] The average American has been completely brainwashed into believing that we have a two party system, that we are a Democracy, and that anything that is not "sanctified" by the two major parties is not real, not acceptable and not allowed. In order to ensure profit in time of war, supply both sides. There is in truth only one side masquerading as two. Why do you think a job that pays a little less than $2m for a 4 year term general nets an increase in personal wealth of a tens of millions of dollars.

What is the definition of insanity? Quit doing the same thing and vote Libertarian.

Top Bottom