• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    images

Online pic above of what I've got and had for 30 yrs.
    I had a regular 22LR and traded at the 1500 for a .22 magnum when I was in my early 30s and kept it through the years even after I sold nearly everything around 1990.

I've always hated the gun: couldn't hit a 5 gallon bucket at 10 ft. type of thing.
    Could only get a 1-finger grip on it.
    Recently I bought a bigger grip to see if it would change my attitude (not the Black Widow) but this:
    (online pic)
    2Q==

Z

fV3eo5KBkQ OUCb2F5K8GY8lAAAA==

D10D187B-19F5-47A4-825F-F804ADEF974B_zpslnz750ty.jpg

I can get a 2-finger grip on it now but still can't shoot it: I'm done with it.
    I saw Hickok45 shooting it in a vid and actually hitting things, and that why he has the job and not me. :dunno:
    Maybe it was the 22LR and not the magnum and easier to handle?
    I have made excuses for this gun for a long time, but no more.

I still like the .22 magnum shell, with its speed, and I have a S/W 351 Airweight revolver that I love (b/c so unique):

MODEL 351 PD $759.00*
    160228_01_lg.jpg

Weight‎: ‎11.2 oz Capacity‎: ‎7
    Caliber‎: ‎22 Magnum

But, the NAA .22 magnum is gone whenever I get around to it.

Last edited:

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I currently have four NAA Mini revolvers and have had two others in the past. I wouldn't consider myself a great shot by any means but I haven't had any trouble hitting with them out to ten yards or so.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I saw a NAA revolver last night that had a folding holster grip. Gotta say I thought it was pretty cool.

NAAGHGLC_1_1024x1024.jpg

Mcapo was over last night and checked out the NAA. It was one of my Dad's guns that he loved. One cool thing about it's design is the cylinder has a safety notch between chamber's that allows you to carry it with 5 rounds with the hammer down. When you cock the hammer back it brings the next chamber into position under the hammer. With the grips pictured above it allows easy carry in your pocket and when you pull it out the grip can be rotated and locks into firing position. When you want to pocket the gun you press the button on each side of the grip to close it for carry. I remember they used to make a belt buckle that the gun would snap into if you has the small factory grips on it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I currently have four NAA Mini revolvers and have had two others in the past. I wouldn't consider myself a great shot by any means but I haven't had any trouble hitting with them out to ten yards or so.

1. You must have the regular 22LR instead of the magnum, but even if you have the regular 22LR, if you are hitting anything at 30 feet, that is remarkable to me!
    2. At 12 feet I had 1 shot right on, and the other 4 were a 8-12 inches low and some to the left. I did it again and about the same results (I had to aim high to keep from them going low.

I saw a NAA revolver last night that had a folding holster grip. Gotta say I thought it was pretty cool.

NAAGHGLC_1_1024x1024.jpg

3. Yes, I looked at all of them before I ordered, and these were of interest, also.

Mcapo was over last night and checked out the NAA. It was one of my Dad's guns that he loved. One cool thing about it's design is the cylinder has a safety notch between chamber's that allows you to carry it with 5 rounds with the hammer down. When you cock the hammer back it brings the next chamber into position under the hammer. With the grips pictured above it allows easy carry in your pocket and when you pull it out the grip can be rotated and locks into firing position. When you want to pocket the gun you press the button on each side of the grip to close it for carry. I remember they used to make a belt buckle that the gun would snap into if you has the small factory grips on it.

4. The belt buckle: I remember that!

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    1. You must have the regular 22LR instead of the magnum, but even if you have the regular 22LR, if you are hitting anything at 30 feet, that is remarkable to me!
    2. At 12 feet I had 1 shot right on, and the other 4 were a 8-12 inches low and some to the left. I did it again and about the same results (I had to aim high to keep from them going low.

3. Yes, I looked at all of them before I ordered, and these were of interest, also.

4. The belt buckle: I remember that!
    All of mine are Magnum frame Mini's. I have a .22 mag Sidewinder with 2.5" barrel, a .22 mag Pug, a .22 mag Ranger 2, and a Bug 2 conversion model. In the past I had a Black Widow with same grips as in your second picture, and a .22 mag Buntline.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    All of mine are Magnum frame Mini's. I have a .22 mag Sidewinder with 2.5" barrel, a .22 mag Pug, a .22 mag Ranger 2, and a Bug 2 conversion model. In the past I had a Black Widow with same grips as in your second picture, and a .22 mag Buntline.

1. I think that qualifies you for the resident expert on NAA magnums!

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Not an expert on NNA. But I’ve got a pistol I hate.

KelTec .380.

Ive seen it make grown men cry and ask for band aids.

Gave it to my FIL so he can shoot wolves off his front porch in the event of a total collapse of civilization.
    Hope there aren’t more than 100 wolves. That’s all the ammo I gave him. :):

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    While the Keltec 380/Ruger LCP are annoying, certainly nothing to cry over IMHO.

before i put the pinky extender on both magazines, mine had an annoying tendency to rotate and deliver a pretty good bite on the second shot if you didn't keep an aggressive grip on the tiny handle. Got two of my friends. Seems the bigger the mitts, the greater the likelihood. I've got Trump hands, so it never got me.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom