• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    So my wife was reading about the whole "magazine capacity" on one of her friends facebook pages. Although i haven't paid a lot of attention to the subject, I've read a few different things about it.

After my wife read the post, she asked if I've been carrying only 6 rounds in my mag. I replied that i haven't and honestly couldn't answer's the question if it was illegal since i carry a 12 round mag.

Do i believe in these new laws, Not a chance.

So have any of you ingoers followed this new rule? Do you think if i get stopped by LEO, and they check my mag ill be in trouble? Just kind of curios, hopefully i can get some new insite on the topic.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    There are no new laws. They have introduced new measures that they would like to pass that are unconstitutional. They will most likely not be passed. Until they are actually passed, pay no attention to those. They are not the law of the land.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    So have any of you ingoers followed this new rule? Do you think if i get stopped by LEO, and they check my mag ill be in trouble? Just kind of curios, hopefully i can get some new insite on the topic.

Can you cite a source? I'm picking up a new (to me) EDC on Saturday that has a 17 round mag. I plan on carrying 18 in that gun at all times :D

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    OK that law is valid ONLY in New York State.
    The rest of what you hear about other gun laws dealing with us in Indiana, is just talk right now. The good guys want it left alone, the bad guys want us to lose, all kinds of things, but FOR RIGHT NOW, it's just talk.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just to be on the safe side, I don't carry any bullets in my gun. I've started carrying POCKET SAND! SHYA SHYA!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm at a total loss....I think the others have hit on the problem with the original question....but I'll bite what do your wives facebook friends say the new rules are? Of course, that's where I get all my information about gun laws.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    She must of left out the new york part or her friend was mistaken. Although a do read a few articles/ posts on here. Its a lot to keep up with, thats why i wanted to post this here. I figured if could get a straight answer it would be on here. Thanks for the info.

:ingo:

ar15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    This is for new york.... It even applies to Law Enforcement...doesnt exempt off duty or even retired...its a shame...this means they disregarded HR 218...FEDERAL

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    She must of left out the new york part or her friend was mistaken. Although a do read a few articles/ posts on here. Its a lot to keep up with, thats why i wanted to post this here. I figured if could get a straight answer it would be on here. Thanks for the info.

:ingo:

My EDC is a XDm with a 19+1 capacity! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom