My teenage son had to "evacuate the area" last night.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I have to admit, I took it the same as Ranger. Why were they worried about the boys at Micky D's when they should have been looking for robbers? Ya suppose robbers would just knock off a joint and then cruise over to grab a burger and fries with the loot? :dunno:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I have to admit, I took it the same as Ranger. Why were they worried about the boys at Micky D's when they should have been looking for robbers? Ya suppose robbers would just knock off a joint and then cruise over to grab a burger and fries with the loot? :dunno:
    There was an incident...if my memory serves me correctly...a few months ago where someone robbed something and they got caught in the McDonald's drive-thru next door to the place.

Crooks like to watch the mayhem they cause. And they get hungry, also. ;)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    There was an incident...if my memory serves me correctly...a few months ago where someone robbed something and they got caught in the McDonald's drive-thru next door to the place.

Crooks like to watch the mayhem they cause. And they get hungry, also. ;)

They had to get the money from somewhere to pay for the happy meal!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Or maybe the officers were warning them that there was a gunman running around and it would be a good time to find somewhere else to sit. That's how I read the OP.

Thanks, by the way, for the reminder!

DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I think what probably happened is while searching for the robbers the cops saw the juveniles seated in the car minding their own business and thought, Oh this is a perfect time to go harass them and require them to leave. We all know it could not have been because the officers involved were just concerned for the juveniles safety or maybe had children their age and wanted to keep them out of harms way. But at the same time you know how us LEO get, maybe they just had the best parking spot at McDonalds.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Or maybe the officers were warning them that there was a gunman running around and it would be a good time to find somewhere else to sit. That's how I read the OP.

Thanks, by the way, for the reminder!
    My take on it as well.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Rights! It's about rights.

Please bear in mind that our kids all have the right to stumble into the middle of a hold-up or a shoot-out and get themselves ventilated. Of course, that would be the cops' fault for not running them off.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The point of my post was to reiterate that Violent crime can happen anywhere, anytime.

I did not find any news reports about it, but I did believe my son when he told me that's what the cop said.

He is correct. It was the Circle K gas station at 267 and 36.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    oh. i took it as ..... your not free to do as you please even if you aren't breaking the law. silly me

:dunno: People seem to forget that they don't have to jump when a LEO tells them what to do. If I want to sit at McDonald's and eat what they call "food" then I will do so, whether or not a police officer tells me to leave. :twocents:

My response is directly related to the attitude of the officer involved.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    :dunno: People seem to forget that they don't have to jump when a LEO tells them what to do. If I want to sit at McDonald's and eat what they call "food" then I will do so, whether or not a police officer tells me to leave. :twocents:

My response is directly related to the attitude of the officer involved.

What attitude would that be? Obviously you were there and witnessed the officer's demeanor and heard his tone of voice, right? The OP states that the officer told them they needed to leave because there was an armed robbery across the street. He didn't demand that they leave, he didn't physically remove them, he didn't threaten them. I really do feel sorry for you. You obviously have such a jaded view of things and don't have the mental capacity to be open-minded so instead you jump to conclusions and judgments because of your personal ax grinding against law enforcement. It is really very sad, and I'm not being facetious.

Top Bottom