• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    Where in Indianapolis do I need to take my forms for the leo sign off. I live on the southside of Indy in Marion County.

I thought it was the chief of police for wherever you lived. So marion county chief of police?

Another related question. I live in brownsburg, but not in their "city limits" so I had to go to the county sheriff for my LTCH. Would I have had to go to the local Chief of police or to the county sheriff? Just wondering as I already have my SBR stuff sent in under a trust.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks shooter. That was what I figured. I just didn't want to make the trip and be wrong.

Don't expect to get your form 1 signed while you wait, they will run a complete background check on you before the forms are signed. Also, make sure the forms are completly filled out WITH your pictures on them.

I advise folks to take a self addressed stamped envelope with them and tell the "girls" behind the counter to just mail them back to you after the forms have been signed.

fastheads

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    Southwest side
    Thanks again! One more question. Can I order the barrel to finish this rifle before I get my paperwork back if it is not kept at the same place the lower is?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm in the process too, but I need the money first. I was going to buy the upper and keep it in storage but that's property under my control and while it's not readily available it is still available and constitutes intent to manufacture. At least that's my understanding of the laws from the ATF. IANAL

fastheads

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    Southwest side
    I got downtown today for fingerprints and drop off forms to get leo sign-off. I was told 1-2 week turnaround. I gave them an envelope to send them back in. That was good advice from Bigcraig.

fastheads

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    Southwest side
    Got my form 1's back today from IMPD. Man they are fast Friday to Wednesday and that's even getting them mailed back. I'm sending them out to the ATF tomorrow.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Thanks again! One more question. Can I order the barrel to finish this rifle before I get my paperwork back if it is not kept at the same place the lower is?

YES YOU MOST CERTAINLY CAN!

They cannot prove constructive intent if the lower short upper are not kept at the same location.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    YES YOU MOST CERTAINLY CAN!

They cannot prove constructive intent if the lower short upper are not kept at the same location.

If YOU order the barrel, then YOU are in control of it. I think that's all that matters in the eyes of the law... Just because they are put in separate locations doesn't mean it isn't still constructive intent.
    Besides why even risk it? It's not worth the potential trouble just to get your barrel a little bit earlier.

Top Bottom