• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I picked up an LMT lower yesterday and will be building an SBR. I have three questions.

1. Whats the turn around time for a form 1?

2. Who do I make the check out too, the DOJ or the BATFE? (Box 1a on the form 1 says the DOJ, but 2g on the instructions page says the BATFE)

3. The questions on the form 1 that don't apply to me, do I leave the box blank or write N/A?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I picked up an LMT lower yesterday and will be building an SBR. I have three questions.

1. Whats the turn around time for a form 1?
    They had it down to a month a lil bit ago, but i've heard it's back up to 2 again.

2. Who do I make the check out too, the DOJ or the BATFE? (Box 1a on the form 1 says the DOJ, but 2g on the instructions page says the BATFE)
    Sorry, don't know this one.

3. The questions on the form 1 that don't apply to me, do I leave the box blank or write N/A?
    I believe blank

Nate

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Write the check to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. This is how I have written every one I have ever sent, though I would suspect that DOJ would be acceptable too.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Make the check payable to: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Individual form 1's are running about 30-45 days, trust form1's are running about 60-90 days.

If the question doesn't apply, I always put "n/a", but I doubt that it matters.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Thanks for the info. I went to get fingerprinted, and got my passport pics this afternoon. What's the best way to affix the pics to the form? I hope to have this sucker in the mail by Friday!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the info. I went to get fingerprinted, and got my passport pics this afternoon. What's the best way to affix the pics to the form? I hope to have this sucker in the mail by Friday!

I use an Elmers Glue Stick to affix the photos.

VUPD is right on the money for the reason why trusts transfers are slowed down now.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Individual form 1's are running about 30-45 days,

Says you; my most recent one was sent 5/30 and was approved on 8/4. :scratch:

If the question doesn't apply, I always put "n/a", but I doubt that it matters.

I leave 'em blank. I doubt it matters, but I'd hate for my form to get kicked back because some examiner thinks "N/A" isn't a valid FFL number. :lmfao:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Where can I find info on this whole process. I'm going to be building an SBR and I already have all the parts for the lower just need the upper.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, not sure how to fill out Part II. Which one on the right do I want? Do they send me the forms in the mail or do I download them and print them out?

Ok, after doing some reading up in the FAQ section of the NFA firearms, I ordered 2 Form 1's and 2 Fingerprint cards. I hope that's all I need.

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Next time, you should order multiple copies of the forms just to have on hand. You will inevitably screw up the first one. If you do screw up the F1, I have a pile on hand...

ETA: If you didn't order the citizenship form, I believe you can download that one...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Next time, you should order multiple copies of the forms just to have on hand. You will inevitably screw up the first one. If you do screw up the F1, I have a pile on hand...

ETA: If you didn't order the citizenship form, I believe you can download that one...

I ordered double copies of both F1 and the fingerprint cards. Where can I download the citizenship form? couldn't find it.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You have to submit the F1 in duplicate anyway, they keep one and send you back one. The citizenship form is available here. I am not 100% sure if it is the most current one, but I think it is.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok I just reordered, I'm sure they won't mind! :D I got 15 of each.

ITEM_1: F 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm
    ITEM_1_QUANTITY: 15
    ITEM_2: F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)
    ITEM_2_QUANTITY: 15
    ITEM_3: FBI FD-258LE - NFA, Imports ORI WVATF0800 ITEM_3_QUANTITY: 15

Top Bottom