• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Took the wife out for a drive in her mustang the other night. It has been so long since I drove in the dark my situational awareness was completely gone.

I need to get out more no matter how much my back and hip scream later.

It did feel fun planting the size 11 on the go pedal and scrubbing some rubber off the tires like a teenager.lol

Scared the wife so bad she scrambled for the seatbelt. Man that money was well spent on the clutch, shifter and new steering wheel. No control issues whatsoever.

Wife said the car was mad at her for letting me romp on her. Wife talks with her car alot I guess. I think the Car tries to talk to me but the damm thing is just trying to get me a ticket or ruin my back. I am too wise to fall for those tricks though because if I listened I would be ordering a bunch of go fast parts and paying my mechanic to do a stroker kit and supercharger some lower gears and then I would have to tie the frame and...

It would get ugly from there. lol

I just need to stick to driving my exploder or being a passenger. As I get older I find myself enjoying the scenery more and giving the wife the driving duties frees me up to see what I missed during the million miles or more I have driven.

It did feel good to get out again and I really have to find more reasons to drag myself out into the real world regardless of the pain and anxiety.

Problem is the world kinda freaks me out. In other words... You sunzabeaches scare me.lol

I saw one car pulled over with 5 squads and the dudes were all just standin around talkin to the cops. bWhat was that all about?

Well enough of a ramble just thought I'd share a bit with the class. :popcorn:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    It does the body good to get out and enjoy yourself from time to time..........just watch out for the da*n cops. Da man...........always tryin to keep a brotha down!!!!

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    The little pony still has some cajones for a stock 87. However I was up all that night thinking how stupid I was but still tried to get the missus to go out again last night but she wasn't feeling well and going solo isn't my speed these days.

If I can get my kid to stick around this month maybe her and I can work on getting back my wind and strength enough that it won't seem like a marathon.

My hip was sofa king bad though it was popping and grinding like an old hard drive in 386 turbo playing leisure suit larry.lmao

I think if I tried to ride a scooter my hip would give out after the first stop.

About two years ago I took the wife to red robin for dinner and when I tried to stand up I couldn't. Hip locked so bad it wouldn't hold any weight or straighten had to stay bent over holding the table for about 10 minutes that felt like an hour. After that I started having the anxiety attacks about going out anywhere so besides a few doctors visits and short hops where I sweat bullets the whole time I have stayed indoors and for the most part laying on my left side.

Well I have been typing this and have finally decided I have had enough of this noise. I am going to push this old body til it breaks and they give me a new one.lol
    So, since I am inelligible for any surgical options and losing this weight without being able to exercise effectively, my only option for losing 100 pounds quick is to lose a leg so I guess I will have to push myself until one falls off and pray I have enough pain killers in the house to knock me out in between.

BTW

Because I am a big fat slob as some people here assume about obesity I am sure some will think I am looking for sympathy instead of a group of brothers and sisters to help me work through this mess.

I know there are a core group of people here that just love to chime in about issues they have never faced or have and can't imagine how insulting all their fat pics and snippets are. It is to those that I thank for making an unbearable situation worse. We can whine about PG and family board all you want but when someone intentionally attacks a portion of our society out of ignorance it is just plain wrong. I may be fat but there is always hope that I can correct that but those people will always be aszclowns and no diet or exercise will change that.

Anyone want to help let me know.
    Any that want to be ignorant...well :draw:

Take care peepoles

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    man if your current vehicle is described as this...

"I just need to stick to driving my exploder"

You might want to get a new car. I can't imagine the tough time a salesman would have trying to move a ford exploder. They must have reissued the pinto. :)

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    man if your current vehicle is described as this...

"I just need to stick to driving my exploder"

You might want to get a new car. I can't imagine the tough time a salesman would have trying to move a ford exploder. They must have reissued the pinto. :)

I call all explorers that. Inside joke I guess. The exploder is a 96 and looks almost as good as the day it rolled down the assembly line. Runs as good too. Bought it from the father of a Navy seal that bought it from his son that never drove it except to come back to IL on shore leave from CA.
    Daddy bought it to help him with the downpayment on something else.
    The dad Used it to tow his jet ski and snow mobile.
    Only has 116K on her so I can't bring myself to get rid of it.
    Biggest flaw is that with the towing package it has tons of torque but really runs higher rpms on the highway which kills the gas mileage. Like 13-16hwy and 16-17mpg around town.

Maybe in 5 years I will sell it and find something newer for the wife to drive daily and in the winter but for now why waste the cash.

Cuz I got a 4wheel drive let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... ok enough lmao

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I can commiserate with you on the health problems. Enjoy these days of the wind blowing in your hair (or over your bald scalp!) and take that woman of yours out for dinner or a drink.

{clinks diet Mt. Dew bottle against whatever you're drinkin'}

Cheers!

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Got out for about an hour today.
    Sat in the driveway cussing and sweating while I tried to unstick the hood on my exploder.

The wife was checkin fluids and replaced the egr position sensor before we have to test for plates. She was tryin to lube the hoodrelease and fiddle with a stretched release cable. After she was done she closed the hood.

Of course somehow the latch was already locked so know it is stuck closed but only on the safety latch. We both were unable to jiggle pry or curse that safety off. My back finally gave out and I barely made it up the stairs she tried for another half hour til I told her to let it go and I would have my roving mechanic get it tomorrow. if I had a long slim yet sturdy pry br I couldda had it done in 5 minutes.lol

By the time I decided to just unbolt the lock assy I had to stop cause of the pain and the wife was feeling to upset cause I was miffed.

How do I convince her that I am more mad at myself cuz I can't fix the POS myself than for her sticking it on accident. Ah well gotta order the Tim Taylor special at the florist I think.

Cars Bite. lol

She was so proud that she was able to swap that sensor with me coaching her then bad luck murphy and his law just kicked her in the crotch.

Well better days are coming.lmao

Sux though cause now she has to take the mustang to ohare airport and park it for 3 hours while she drops our youngest off for her flight to Charlotte.

Sure as spit something will happen to that thing in the garage.
    Prolly get stolen. knowing my luck.lol

Well take care gang,

Thanks for all the support and rep also.

c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    How do I convince her that I am more mad at myself cuz I can't fix the POS myself than for her sticking it on accident. Ah well gotta order the Tim Taylor special at the florist I think.
    If you were talking about my wifey, you can't convince her that it is the aggravation about the item and not aggravation at the wifey.

My wifey has nothing but bad luck around mechanical items. After having something go go wrong or break, then a 2nd and third item, she will decide that she is in over her head and either come get me or wake me to help her. We usually spend longer fixing the items than what it would have taken her to get done what she started out to do. This usually necessitates at least one trip to the hardware store somewhere in the process.

After 14 years of marriage wifey still doesn't understand that I am upset at Mr. Murphy (Murphy's Law) and not at her. We have had many conversations over the years where I have tried to explain that I appreciate her trying to accomplish something to save me the time, hassle or energy to do something and have it go to crap on her. Usually, after a bad episode with one of her "fix it/clean it" episodes, she leaves things alone for a while saying that she is hexed, but then invariably something comes up that she feels the need to do herself. Enter the next bad experience.

But I love her. ;)

Top Bottom