• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I wanted to share the final product of my new AR Pistol Build. Though I did buy the upper mostly complete, I built the entire lower from parts.

Here is what I am working with:

PSA Stripped Lower
    CMMG Lower Receiver Parts Kit
    Radical Firearms 10.5" Complete Upper
    KAK Industry Super Sig SB-15 Pistol Buffer Tube
    Sig Tac SB-15 Arm Brace
    AO Precision Charging Handle
    Magpul Pistol Grip
    Magpul AFG2
    Bushnell TR-25 Red Dot
    Magul MBUS Pro Set
    Laserlyte Center Mass DL
    Guntec Gen 2 SOCOM Mini FAKE Can (I know I will be clowned for this, but I love the look and am still waiting for my stamp)

This is my HD AR. I love the look and love that I was able to build it myself. Next time, I am going to try to build the upper myself too.

Let's hear the feedback, INGO!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Are you certain of the legality of the foregrip?
    Yes, there are published ATF letters about it. You should be able to google it and find it on ARFCOM.

EDIT: found a few quick
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_124/194457_.html (Question 7).
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=381738

Educate me, how is that not a SBR?

It's an angled foregrip, and the Sig Pistol stabilizing brace, not a butt stock.
    SB15 Pistol Stabilizing Brace

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I built one a few weeks back using the same Radical Firearm upper. One thing you should do before shooting it is to put a dab of thread locker on the forearm end cap screws and snug them down or they will vibrate out. Careful not to over tighten them, they are rather cheap and will snap off the head, (don't ask how I know). Other than that one issue it's proven to be a great upper, accurate and reliable. I have over 600 rounds though it by now without problem and that's using a cheap bolt carrier group. It's been a fun shooter, just watch those screws!

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    I like that a lot. I've been thinking about building a AR that's similar to that , how do you like the sig brace, is it bulky or pretty slim and stock like ?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I built one a few weeks back using the same Radical Firearm upper. One thing you should do before shooting it is to put a dab of thread locker on the forearm end cap screws and snug them down or they will vibrate out. Careful not to over tighten them, they are rather cheap and will snap off the head, (don't ask how I know). Other than that one issue it's proven to be a great upper, accurate and reliable. I have over 600 rounds though it by now without problem and that's using a cheap bolt carrier group. It's been a fun shooter, just watch those screws!

Slapstick....thanks for the head's up. Luckily, I removed the forearm end cap when I put on the fake can.

And I am glad to hear you have had a good experience with the upper.

PS. In the compartment in the Magpul grip, I keep copies of the ATF letter about the legality of the arm brace and AFG. Just to be safe.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Slapstick....thanks for the head's up. Luckily, I removed the forearm end cap when I put on the fake can.

And I am glad to hear you have had a good experience with the upper.

PS. In the compartment in the Magpul grip, I keep copies of the ATF letter about the legality of the arm brace and AFG. Just to be safe.

Not a bad idea about keeping the ATF letter with the gun, some local LEO's don't keep up on the regs. I was surprised at how well the upper shoots and functions and I have enough rounds through to trust it if it's needed in a bad situation, to say I'm impressed by such an inexpensive upper is an understatement. One other piece of advice, bring an ammo can full of ammo because it's just too fun to shoot. :):

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    there's also a letter regarding using the brace by placing it against your shoulder like a stock. not sure if you're aware. as of now, the atf says this is ok, because how you use an item doesn't change the nature of the item, basically. i'd keep a copy of that one on you as well.

and also, that's a badass looking build. i've been wanting to build one like that for a long time. i don't have an ar yet, and i'm so torn about what to do first. lol

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Motorhead 302....see my PS comment "PS. In the compartment in the Magpul grip, I keep copies of the ATF letter about the legality of the arm brace and AFG. Just to be safe."

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Sheepdog...no....I came up with idea on my own when I saw the compartment in the Magpul grip. We must have the same level of good common sense and distrust of the knowledge base of some LEOs.

Top Bottom