• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    Haven’t been on in awhile but my last post were about an issue with a new RAMI I had bought and it’s issues with FTF. Well decided to part ways and picked up a new PCR. As soon as I received it, I stripped it down and took it to Allen For some slide work and cerakote.

I found Allen on this site early last year when I was looking for someone to cerakote and since he’s done a few guns for me and this is the first milling, he’s done. But I am ecstatic of the work he done and how it turned out….

While Allen was doing the work, I installed a CGW pro package, CZcustom PCR Tritium short rear sight and Truglo TFX front. I’m new to CZ’s (other than the RAMI) have always been a Sig guy. But I do love the fit and hand feel of the CZ’s and why I didn’t let the RAMI deter me from owning one. I’m sure it won’t be my last!

I somehow lost (misplaced) my recoil spring while I had it apart and things laying everywhere. So, I’ve had to order another today.

Anyway here’s a few pics of Allen’s work. Very fast service, great work, fair price and a good guy! Midnight bronze slide, controls, hammer, trigger and grips. Graphite frame and guide rod.

Allen, go figure the sight I chose actually overhangs the milled center cut. The one thing neither of us liked about the pic, I showed you….
    34BA1C00-B846-4D54-A6A3-5B5189863D4E.jpeg 069C147D-7EC1-4B9D-89DA-19FF1A65128F.jpeg E0FDD0FD-1CF5-4F42-8CBF-C4645CFF83FA.jpeg
    9A972DE7-D6B2-4612-BB63-CE1866A3BF02.jpeg

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Love my pro pack cajunized by the wizard PCR. It is a great shooting pistol. Maybe some day I will dress it up but currently it is in my EDC rotation.

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    Love my pro pack cajunized by the wizard PCR. It is a great shooting pistol. Maybe some day I will dress it up but currently it is in my EDC rotation.
    This is my first time doing a CGW upgrade and also did some polishing while in there but did get the DA trigger pull to 7lb 9oz (was over 11lbs) and SA down to 3lb 2oz. (Was 6lb 5oz) so extremely happy with it.

The sear cage wasn’t as bad as I’ve read but did take me about 20minutes to get it back together, the first time. The rest was a cake walk…

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That's a good looking pistol! I could never warm up to the RAMI myself, too fat for what it was. Never had ammo issues that I was aware of however. CZ's to me are meant to be slim very elegant pistols , I am definitely a fan.

QdahSBi.jpg

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    That looks very nice, indeed! I had a PCR for awhile and liked it a good bit, might need to get another (or a P-01, or an SP-01, or… :D)! I’d also planned to install a CGW kit with mine. The stock trigger was workable but definitely heavy. My two gripes with the CZs are the placement of the decocker and how low-profile the slide is (not a lot to grab onto for slide manipulation ie, clearing malfunctions), but I think if I got another and spent more time with it that I’d adjust fine. :)

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    That's a good looking pistol! I could never warm up to the RAMI myself, too fat for what it was. Never had ammo issues that I was aware of however. CZ's to me are meant to be slim very elegant pistols , I am definitely a fan.

QdahSBi.jpg

I researched a little before buying and the reviews on the RAMI were really mixed. They either ran flawless or hanged. I even sent mine back to CZ, they did some polishing on the feed ramp, bottom of slide and gave it a clean bill of health. I got it back and it ran ball ammo, great but would still hang on any flat nose and that included the federal HST and Speer gold dot. Won’t have a finicky pistol, if it won’t feed what I throw at it, it goes down the road.

Top Bottom