• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Fantastic pistol... I am green with envy. There have been many firearms experts who have described the Smith & Wesson 3913 as the perfect semi-auto.

I must get one.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Sweet

I like the 3913 a lot
    have always wanted one
    I have an older model S&W 39 But I do like the looks of Yours
    Congrats and enjoy

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Great gun! Excellent for carry and entirely useable for both IDPA and USPSA. It meets the requirements for IDPA "BUG" matches too (barrel is short enough) if you download to 5 rounds.

Now you're just going to want another so you can carry one on both sides.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Had it out shooting today.

It doesn't like 147 grain ammo, shoots about 6 inches low, though it groups them well enough. They were pretty light loads, about 850 fps on a much warmer day.

It's not a fan of WWB 115 grain ammo. We couldn't get it grouping all that well, so it's pretty much like every other 9mm I've shot WWB in. 3-4 inch groups at 10 yards. About all I buy the WWB for is brass.

It's a real fan of 124 grain JHP ammo. Shot about 1 1/2" groups at 10 yards.

55 rounds, different bullet weights, shapes, and velocities, 5 different magazines, cold as a witches tit (are they really?) and even my shivering 9 y/o boy didn't limp wrist it enough to get it to jam.

I'm very pleased. She's loaded up with Speer 124 gr Gold Dots for the time being. I'm really looking forward to shooting her when it's not 18 degrees out (BRRR!!!). It's not snappy, the gun recoils very lightly. Front sight bounces up a bit, and right back down into alignment. I think she and I are gonna be good friends :D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Can I ask where it is you do your shooting out Crawfordsville way?

C-ville Gun Club? Waveland Gun Club? Linden Conservation Club?

-J-

A friend's house in the middle of the cornfields for now. I don't want to keep doing that, though. For one thing, there aren't any shooting benches, for another when the corn goes in we won't be able to see what's behind our shooting area. We've been talking about putting a big dirt berm at the back of their yard so we can keep shooting there, but none of us know how much dirt it would take, or how much it would cost.

We haven't done much shooting since we moved here, certainly not compared to the shooting every week or two we were doing. Need to find a suitable place. We want to check out Waveland Gun Club, thoug we don't know where or how far it is, and the Linden Conservation Club.

I didn't know there was a Crawfordsvile Gun Club... where is that found?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Waveland Gun Club is north of SR 47, just off of SR 234, near the entrance to Shades State Park.

Linden Conservation Club is just north of the Montgomery Co. - Tippecanoe Co. line. Head north from C'ville on US 231 and you'll see a sign for it a couple of minutes north of Linden and just south of Romney. You'll turn right (east) at the sign and the club is on the right.

The Crawfordsville Gun Club is north of C'ville on SR 47, just north of Garfield on the left (west) side of the road and a couple of minutes south of Darlington.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Waveland Gun Club is north of SR 47, just off of SR 234, near the entrance to Shades State Park.

Linden Conservation Club is just north of the Montgomery Co. - Tippecanoe Co. line. Head north from C'ville on US 231 and you'll see a sign for it a couple of minutes north of Linden and just south of Romney. You'll turn right (east) at the sign and the club is on the right.

The Crawfordsville Gun Club is north of C'ville on SR 47, just north of Garfield on the left (west) side of the road and a couple of minutes south of Darlington.

Thanks!

Any one of them particularly better than the other for pistol and rimfire rifle shooting? Do any of them let you set up your own targets, and maybe steel?

Top Bottom