• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Just to calm the restless natives, I have that same drone. It shoots 720p video that is very good quality... BUT the only control you have over the camera is the entire quadracopter. You only get video of where the nose is pointing, and you can't pan/zoom/etc. If it's higher than your house, all it's seeing is sky unless he's nosing it down and flying it back and forth and getting video of your roof. If he hovers it right outside your window, then he'll get very good video of whatever you're doing in there.

In response to another post, I would think it would be pretty easy to at least DOS it. The control device talks to it via WiFi. I've never tried to 'jack the connection, maybe I will.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Guys, "Arduino" controlled drones are where its at. ;)

Arduino - Blogs - DIY Drones

THIS is the stuff the gov't types will eventually freak out about. IMHO, in a real sense, it is the next line of defense after gun collection/confiscation. This is the stuff that provides unit-level intel to troops in the field. Well, not these specific things devices :) but the same kinds of devices.

slowman87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Yeah I have a Parrot AR Drone and it's just a lot of fun to fly around the shop here. Try different landings and stuff, just a fun toy. Crazy how accurate they fly just controlled from my iPhone!

Top Bottom