• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Got tired of carrying them around in two separate Glock clamshell boxes so I decided to consolidate them.

bondkittj9.jpg

URL%5D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I really like what you have done there! If I were to have something similiar, I fear that my wifey would find me sitting in a dark corner, stroking the case lovingly and murmur'ing sweet nothings to it, though!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's a Pelican laptop case and their pluck foam. Turned out decent I'd say, I've seen guys do much better with the foam.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thats awesome, what kind of case is that. Did you cut your own foam?

Let there be no mistake, pelican cases are kick-ass! It is possible that there is another brand which has broadened the market in the past few years. Barring that circumstance, I don't know of anything better for regular use. At a previous job we used them regularly and they held up to a major beating. I am exceptionally impressed. The few times I've looked at prices, they seemed a little salty, but they are so durable that I wouldn't balk at it. The newer ones have latches that look a little different, and may be less durable. The old ones were damn near bullet proof!

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Awesome case, congrats!

Anyone have foam cutting secrets that they could share? I may do something like this in the future for my suppressed pistol, but I am pretty anal retentive and would hate to make a mess of the foam. I once saw instructions online where someone had made some type of hot knife for cutting foam but I can't remember exactly now.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Awesome case, congrats!

Anyone have foam cutting secrets that they could share? I may do something like this in the future for my suppressed pistol, but I am pretty anal retentive and would hate to make a mess of the foam. I once saw instructions online where someone had made some type of hot knife for cutting foam but I can't remember exactly now.

There's a really great tutorial on ARFCOM somewhere that tells you how to make your own hot wire foam cutter

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    One of the things I miss about having a real job is the ability to borrow tools. We had nice "hot knives" for foam cutting.

Here is my James Bond kit:
    Picture1099.jpg

If only it sounded like in his movies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'll play....

....here's a quick and dirty pic of my James Bond kit. Top layer is my suppressed 9mm SBR, that's a complete rifle. Second layer is my suppressed M16/.22 that's also the complete rifle. On the occasion that I'm taking this to the range it makes me laugh that the case and it's contents are worth at least twice as much as the vehicle they are riding in...

attachment.php

Top Bottom