• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I actually started making this video with intentions of entering a contest but I also had questions about my GHB and figured I would include that as well. I apologize for how long it is, I really had no idea it took that long while filming it!! Enjoy!

[ame]http://youtu.be/mq4w9Uxmpw4[/ame]

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I noticed you use lanyards for some small items. In Aviation Survival Vests, we used lanyards to secure all our small items and kits. In an emergency, you don't want to lose your pocket tool, compass, or flashlight(s) in the dark or because you take a fall in the mud or snow. I'd seriously consider securing all your small items with lanyards.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    What I've seen your video is good. Please consider using a tripod next time. Videos always turn out much better when the OP uses a tripod.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    What I've seen your video is good. Please consider using a tripod next time. Videos always turn out much better when the OP uses a tripod.

I would've liked to do that but it's a Vholdr Contour helmet cam and I don't have a tripod mount for it. Thanks though, if I continute to make videos with it, I will figure out another method of using the cam so it is steadier.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I noticed you use lanyards for some small items. In Aviation Survival Vests, we used lanyards to secure all our small items and kits. In an emergency, you don't want to lose your pocket tool, compass, or flashlight(s) in the dark or because you take a fall in the mud or snow. I'd seriously consider securing all your small items with lanyards.

The only other small items I could lanyard would be the screwdrivers and multi tool really. I'll try that out though and see how I like it. That multi-tool gets some serious regular use, so I'm not sure I'd want it tied down. Maybe if I had a quick disconnect on it attached to a lanyard I'd be fine.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The only other small items I could lanyard would be the screwdrivers and multi tool really. I'll try that out though and see how I like it. That multi-tool gets some serious regular use, so I'm not sure I'd want it tied down. Maybe if I had a quick disconnect on it attached to a lanyard I'd be fine.

Although it wasn't "regulation", as an Aviation Life Support Equipment Officer, I would take the thin cord we used for lanyards and make a loop large enough to fold over the length of the item and back onto itself. That creates a "quick release" that doesn't take much to get off. I'd also put smaller items which didn't lend themselves to a lanyard in a plastic bag and attach the lanyard to that. The inner strands of a piece of 550 cord will be adequate for such lanyards, but if you strip them out and use the flattened 550 cord itself, that works well, too.

7.62asprin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Thanks, I really didn't intend for it to take so long but some of the items I wanted to give a bit of explanation on. In hindsight I should've probably could've left out the med/hygene kit contents. lol

I'll have to watch it again when I get around to making a get home bag.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Glad I could help. I'm about to do another video on my day kit which I'm building to go with me on short hikes while camping and such. It will have all of the basics in it, most of which I don't have for it but I am planning it based off of the things I currently have.

Top Bottom