• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrunner0320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Anderson
    yesterday i bought my first glock . its a 26 g3 i traded a sig p250 in on it i liked the sig but wanted something smaller to carry. i must say the glock 26 fits the bill perfictly. i found it fits in the pocket of my jeans in my coat and it shots great. i think i found the gun i was looking for . dose this little gun fit the bill for any one eals? what do you think of it. and what all has any one done with them?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    yesterday i bought my first glock . its a 26 g3 i traded a sig p250 in on it i liked the sig but wanted something smaller to carry. i must say the glock 26 fits the bill perfictly. i found it fits in the pocket of my jeans in my coat and it shots great. i think i found the gun i was looking for . dose this little gun fit the bill for any one eals? what do you think of it. and what all has any one done with them?

I'd be careful if you are pocket carrying a Glock with one in the spout, if you are not using some kind of pocket holster or something like a Raven VG.

But to answer your question, the Glock subcompacts carry very well. I am either carrying a Glock compact or subcompact almost all the time.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Rigid holsters are your friend. I would hesitate to put a striker fired machine in my pocket, willy-nilly.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Emphasis on "get a pocket holster" if you're planning on pocket carrying it as has already been said above. There are many news stories of someone shooting themselves because they were carrying a pistol in the pocket without a holster. You don't want to be that guy. :thumbsup:

The Gen 3 Glock 26 is a fine double stack pistol. I liked mine a lot when I had it but I was never comfortable with that small of a grip and how that affected my accuracy. Adding a pinky extension wasn't an option as I wanted a small pistol and the extension made it larger. Now I just carry a sub compact size pistol which is similar in size to the Glock 19, which is also another fine Glock pistol...except for the finger grooves.

gunrunner0320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Anderson
    thank you all what type holster would you guys recommend for the above way of carrying I have a soft holster that's a pocket holster I got from the 1500 would that work or would it be best to invest in something different ? id rather be safe then sorry . whats the old saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    thank you all what type holster would you guys recommend for the above way of carrying I have a soft holster that's a pocket holster I got from the 1500 would that work or would it be best to invest in something different ? id rather be safe then sorry . whats the old saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

:):.......G27......an' sometimes a '30.......I don' 'pocket carry ' these things.......:noway:.......good way ta git 1 down yer leg if ya carry 1 pipe'd.......or.....de-nut yerself.....:):

WHUTever ya use.......ya don't want nuth'n git'n in way o' that trigger guard.....if ya carry 1 pipe'd......
    I use Galco Royal Guard fer 'bout everthing.......1911's as well......

Glocksmith

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Lafayette

Same thing in a .40 is my EDC of choice. G27 gen 3. Carries very well AIWB.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    :):.......G27......an' sometimes a '30.......I don' 'pocket carry ' these things.......:noway:.......good way ta git 1 down yer leg if ya carry 1 pipe'd.......or.....de-nut yerself.....:):

WHUTever ya use.......ya don't want nuth'n git'n in way o' that trigger guard.....if ya carry 1 pipe'd......
    I use Galco Royal Guard fer 'bout everthing.......1911's as well......

Yeah what Harleyrider_50 said...
    I'm not sure what he said. I have the 26 and prefer the Galco Ankle Glove over pocket carry (too big for my pockets and I do NOT wear skinny jeans). Check out a few different pocket holsters and enjoy it. They are very accurate and a good all around pistol. Let us know how well you shoot it after a good range trip. After all, it's a wee but different than that Sig.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm here still trying to wrap my head around as to why anyone would put a loaded gun into there pocket without a holster of some sorts... If you do then you have no right to own a gun!!

No offense to you, I don't know you, but who are you to tell someone they have no right to own a gun? If he wants to carry a Glock in the pocket with no holster, a 1911 IWB no holster, or an AR pistol taped to his forehead, that's his choice. Maybe he put it in his pocket just to see if it fit and didn't worry about unloading it. Maybe he doesn't losing a nut or having a bone shattered by a bullet passing through his leg. Again, his choice.

OP, I would recommend a holster. Have you tried to see how well it conceals out of your pocket, if that's what you're worried about?

Top Bottom