• Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Literally my hide.

I was helping dad winterize the boat and needed to get up in it for something. It's a pontoon on a trailer that raises up the center to load/unload the boat. I climbed up on the hitch part of the trailer to get up on the deck. The boat/trailer moved a bit and I lost my footing. Like a Plinko chip, I started down the maze of steel and cables. In the process, my weight shifted to my right and my waist hit a cross member with a significant amount of force.

The cross member hit my holstered pistol in a 1st gen Bravo Concealment OWB and I was able to get my balance back and a foot on the ground. I hobbled my way out and did a quick check of things. There was a lot of weight (that's me!!) that smacked my gun. I looked it over and couldn't see a thing wrong with it. The holster on the other hand had a few scars.

PXL_20221015_230612152.jpg

The cut on the lower part is pretty significant. The dent on the top of the slide isn't as bad.

PXL_20221015_230653691.jpg

If I hadn't been wearing this rig, I'm sure I would have been bleeding some. Upon closer inspection on my hip, I do have the outline of the rear of the slide complete w/ sights on my skin.

I'll keep wearing it though. I love this combo.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Does winterizing = lost all my guns in a boating accident?
    Glad there wasn't any more damage than some scratches on the holster.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Contact Bravo, tell them your story. They may send you a replacement holster at no charge. They are pretty good to deal with.
    I did think of that but the holster is still perfectly functional and I don't see how the cut could effect how it holds the pistol.

Besides, I don't really care for the look of their 2nd gen holsters. I bought a few for my M&P and wish they looked like the one for my XDs. There is nothing wrong with them functionally, it's just personal preference on the aesthetics.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Does winterizing = lost all my guns in a boating accident?
    Glad there wasn't any more damage than some scratches on the holster.

This may be the first recorded case of lost my boat in a gunning accident?

Edit: Smitty beat me to it. That's what I get for posting before reading downthread

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Contact Bravo, tell them your story. They may send you a replacement holster at no charge. They are pretty good to deal with.
    I was going to mention the same thing @Bigtanker. If anything, they’d just like to hear the story about how their product held up. You can always politely decline any offers. Sending positive vibes out into the guniverse is always good.

As a side note, my OG “made at the gun show” Raven Phantom got a split in it from over 15 years of EDC use. I contacted Raven just see if the warranty was still good on one of their original products that had obviously been used and had normal wear and tear and they refused to take no for an answer and sent me a brand new Perun holster and extra 1 3/4” belt loops, specifically asking was gun it was for (G19). They were quite happy to hear about it’s service life and where the failure occurred. Helps manufacturers keep track of quality assurance.

If anything, they might tell your story on social media and that’s where you earn street cred LOL.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Did the "Slid Marks" on the boat clean off easily?
    Lucky you weren't carrying small of back eh?
    I never hit the boat. I hit the lift bars on the trailer. Look at the pic below. The trailer is similar to this. I was in the cluster of tubing and angle iron at the front of the boat.

Screenshot_20221019-092435.png

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I did think of that but the holster is still perfectly functional and I don't see how the cut could effect how it holds the pistol.

Besides, I don't really care for the look of their 2nd gen holsters. I bought a few for my M&P and wish they looked like the one for my XDs. There is nothing wrong with them functionally, it's just personal preference on the aesthetics.
    Yeah, if I understand what you are saying, I agree. The ones I have were made out of Kydex. The new 3.0 utilizes injection molding and I don't care for those as much.

Top Bottom