• ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Any time.

Are you looking through the screen?

Yes, I had to sit down, it's really hard to get the eye relief right holding a scope in one hand and a phone in the other. The glass is much clearer than it looks in that picture. I know a Nightforce is 2-3x times as expensive but I'd have a hard time believing that it's 2-3x better quality. The image is crazy sharp.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Yes, I had to sit down, it's really hard to get the eye relief right holding a scope in one hand and a phone in the other. The glass is much clearer than it looks in that picture. I know a Nightforce is 2-3x times as expensive but I'd have a hard time believing that it's 2-3x better quality. The image is crazy sharp.

Its not, NF is not known for their glass quality, they are known for durability. Glass quality MIGHT be a touch better, but its going to be hard to tell the difference.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Another little aside, I was doing some calculations and if I zeroed @ 500 yds I could do everything from 100-1,000 yds just within the reticle using no adjustments at all. That's pretty cool :rockwoot:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    you could. For me personally it's extremely confusion holding under. No reason it won't work, it's just not my cup of tea.

I don't think I will either but it's kinda cool that the reticle has that capability. After looking through it and then looking through my mil-dot again, I think I'm gonna like it way better.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Another little aside, I was doing some calculations and if I zeroed @ 500 yds I could do everything from 100-1,000 yds just within the reticle using no adjustments at all. That's pretty cool :rockwoot:

If you're going to do something like that, I personally prefer to use the intersection where the verticle line of the reticle intersects with the heavy horizontal portion above the mildots, for your 100 yard zero. Then use the dots going down for holdovers out at farther distances. It's pretty fast once you get the hang of it, because you know your crosshairs are a 5 mil hold, and all the way down is 10. I've heard this referred to as a "poor man's Horus". I think it's much easier than holding under for a shot, which is something I've never been very good at. The biggest disadvantage your going to find is you no longer have your horizontal stadia in the reticle for wind holds, so you'll need to dial for them. It's also pretty excessive if you don't plan on taking your rifle into extremely long ranges.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    If you're going to do something like that, I personally prefer to use the intersection where the verticle line of the reticle intersects with the heavy horizontal portion above the mildots, for your 100 yard zero. Then use the dots going down for holdovers out at farther distances. It's pretty fast once you get the hang of it, because you know your crosshairs are a 5 mil hold, and all the way down is 10. I've heard this referred to as a "poor man's Horus". I think it's much easier than holding under for a shot, which is something I've never been very good at. The biggest disadvantage your going to find is you no longer have your horizontal stadia in the reticle for wind holds, so you'll need to dial for them. It's also pretty excessive if you don't plan on taking your rifle into extremely long ranges.

I'm never going to be in a combat situation where I have to make quick follow up shots at different ranges. I might do some F Class some day but all that's as exciting as it will ever get. That's all dial-it-in stuff anyway.

Top Bottom