• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reale1741

Marksman
    Apr 22, 2020
    Jeffersonville
    Greetings all,

I recently picked up this P-1853 Enfield rifle made in 1861. This one was made by Pryse & Redman, who was a known supplier to the Confederate Army. It does not have any Confederate acceptance markings, so it may have been one of the many that was captured through the Union blockades. I wish it could talk! Either way, it makes an awesome addition to my Civil War collection! The rifling and mechanics are in great condition, so it should be a good shooter. I just need to find some time to go to the range! By the way, I found this at a flea market!

p53-1.jpg p53-2.jpg p53-3.jpg
    p53-5.jpg

Last edited:

VostocK

Marksman
    Apr 28, 2010
    What a cool piece of history ! I've never found anything cool at a flea market, and I had no idea they sold guns. Congratulations on finding something so cool.

I wonder if confederate weapons that were taken by the union were pressed into service back then ?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Greetings all,

I recently picked up this P-1853 Enfield rifle made in 1861. This one was made by Pryse & Redman, who was a known supplier to the Confederate Army. It does not have any Confederate acceptance markings, so it may have been one of the many that was captured through the Union blockades. I wish it could talk! Either way, it makes an awesome addition to my Civil War collection! The rifling and mechanics are in great condition, so it should be a good shooter. I just need to find some time to go to the range! By the way, I found this at a flea market!

View attachment 314904 View attachment 314905 View attachment 314906
    View attachment 314909
    If you don't mind telling. How much did it go for?
    I've seen prices on some in that condition for around $1000, some in bad condition for around $500.

Top Bottom