• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So I spent the weekend down in Ashland KY with some family and got a chance to do some fishing. It turned out to be a great fishing trip. I landed me 10 nice sizes Sun fish, a 2.5lb large mouth bass and three of these guys. This one was the was the biggest. However the other two were not that much smaller.

He tipped the scale at 16lbs and I didnt take a measurement, but with his tail on the ground his head was at my belt so maybe 34~36 inches. I caught him on some walmart dog treats and a rod that was a little small, but it worked out.

243955_10100591831017994_565420010_o.jpg

I will be back in 3 weeks and cant wait to catch some more...

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I wound up finding Canine Carry Outs bought at Walmart for 1.40 per pack. I think it was beef and cheese. I was looking for a soft type treat that I could hook and not cruble and these seemed to feel about right.

The rig was not well thought out but it worked. I just used a hook that you would normally put a plastic worm on for a texas rig. The hooks barb was also removed and was also directly attached to a swivel.

I also caught the Bass and sunfish on this setup. The cocktail weenies with bbq sause also worked well for the pan fish but not the cats...LOL

Top Bottom