My 70 pound 10yr old shooting his first 1911 (second attempt)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Looks like he's having a great time, and kudos to Dad for teaching his son a positive outlook on firearms (rep inbound!). :rockwoot::thumbsup:

Just wondering about that left thumb, looked awful close to the slide in the first video.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Was this a .40 caliber?

I don't remember if it was .40 or 357sig. I do know that I shot a Glock that was 357sig that evening that belonged to a gentleman that also let us shoot the 1911, but I can't remember if it was the compact 9mm or the 357sig that he was shooting in the video.

I know, I'm a horrible dad.. LMFAO.

(I do believe it was the 357 sig because he kept the first shell casing from the .45 and from a mystery caliber from that night.. could have been 357sig)

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Hey... that is awesome!

Looks like somebody is teaching their son safe shooting.... and that kid is good!

You haven't seen this little tidbit yet.. This shows that he's a pro waiting to be discovered. He was shooting my full size M&P 9mm. We were using house reloads at the indoor range that we frequent. During this time (Feb) ammo was very scarce, so I was giving him 5 rounds at a time. On the 3rd round, the gun jams and doesn't go into battery. He does a textbook perfect clearing. Listen carefully as he puts the gun in front of him after clearing the chamber. If you listen, you can hear him rack the slide and perform a visual inspection before bringing it back up front to insert the magazine. Also note his trigger finger discipline, and where he keeps the gun pointed. I was a very proud dad that evening (Still am)..

[video=youtube;FKpaqSXthfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKpaqSXthfY[/video]

Top Bottom