• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    I’m just a member of Nmlra and don’t live close enough to take advantage of ALL they have to offer…. But still a member to support them and do some events throughout the year. Anyway just figured I’d pass along the word.. they are doing a special pay 2 years get a Year free. So only $70 for 3 year membership with a subscription to the monthly muzzleblasts publication.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    If you what to see how strong the NMLRA is, thak a trip down to one of their national matches. Would be a great experience.
    When I went (only once and just as an observer) it seemed to me that the focus of the event was the giant flea market and like the shooting and shooting supply areas were second to that. Again not denying a large crowd and this was just my opinion after being there one time.

and yes I will make the LONG drive again this year to see if my mind can be changed.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    Back in history- the shooters came 1st, the vendors followed. 1st started selling from the trunks of their cars. (A few still do). In the beginning it was literally a hayfield
    It's died down from what it was (vendors wise) but it's still fun to go see all the stuff.

Next Generation

Plinker
    Aug 3, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Went to the Spring Shoot few weeks ago to check it out.

I went Tues-Thursday had the best time camped in the middle of a group that had been going for years they welcomed me in to there group and it was the best experience I had camping in years.

I did not see everything I don't think I could if I spent a week there. But every event/Shoot that I went to, everyone was amazingly friendly and willing to talk about there type of Guns/Bows and Knifes events.

I plan on going many more times and can't wait for the next time I can be there.

I am a three year member now...

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Just visited and the improvements they have made in a year are really great. If they keep it up this place will be outstanding again. I’m sure the list is LONG and expensive but it doesn’t go unnoticed and is very appreciated. (Especially those new bathrooms wow)

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    As a kid (1970's) we went twice a year, every year, and it was a great experience for anyone involved.. Went last year, and the year before, the shine has indeed left the bloom, younger people want the hi tech gee gaws, and auto loading whiz bang things. My son thought it was neat, but he doesn't have any interest in front stuffing guns (my fault, to be sure) I never pushed them as much, as a 10/22....

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    As a kid (1970's) we went twice a year, every year, and it was a great experience for anyone involved.. Went last year, and the year before, the shine has indeed left the bloom, younger people want the hi tech gee gaws, and auto loading whiz bang things. My son thought it was neat, but he doesn't have any interest in front stuffing guns (my fault, to be sure) I never pushed them as much, as a 10/22....

Never to late! Learn some history along with it that is what really sparked my kids interest. (Unsure of your child’s age but the rush Limbaugh “rush revere” series is great to get them going)

Attachments

• IMG_5236.jpeg
      IMG_5236.jpeg
      780.5 KB · Views: 8

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Never to late! Learn some history along with it that is what really sparked my kids interest. (Unsure of your child’s age but the rush Limbaugh “rush revere” series is great to get them going)
    He's 21 now, not too late though...

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Is anyone going to the Fall Shoot?

Well I was planning on going and camping for the whole thing for my first time ever…… but my dads health is declining and have a LOT of things to do helping him out. So now I will just be going for a weekend, should be a good distraction.

Top Bottom