• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My brother and dad have fished it 3-4 times over the last few years with no fish caught or seen. Have heard of a few caught on accident by bass anglers but very few fish in the lake. And on the weekends there is always a lot of bass guys out fishing.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Fished it a few times. I didn't hook up but they're in there. The only ramp on the lake is across from Whiteys Bait located on 200 north. Phil, the owner of Whiteys said early spring is your best bet using big Rapalas in the shallows. In the summer they troll in the deeper water with BIG crank baits. I've fished Palestine, Webster, Bruce and Bass and never had a strike. I guess that's why they call it the fish of ten thousand casts. Good luck!!

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I have only fished it once...boated two...one 27" and one 32". I was ripping a Bulldog and both were hooked on the side (I sharpen the poop out of my hooks). So I think they may have been lazy hits that happened to find someone that loves sharp hooks. Kind of a boring lake to fish..not alot of structure if that is your thing. Also if you are using the Indiana maps on your GPS ...the map is wrong on the north end of the lake..it shows a hole and it is actually a hump.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have only fished it once...boated two...one 27" and one 32". I was ripping a Bulldog and both were hooked on the side (I sharpen the poop out of my hooks). So I think they may have seen lazy hits that happened to find someone that loves sharp hooks. Kind of a boring lake to fish..not alot of structure if that is your thing. Also if you are using the Indiana maps on your GPS ...the map is wrong on the north end of the lake..it shows a hole and it is actually a hump.

Surely you have a pic or two of these fish don't you Bob?

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Surely you have a pic or two of these fish don't you Bob?

Sorry but I don't have any pictures. I have been going to Canada for the last 30 years chasing these guys and I hate to say it and it may be sad but they earned a "Cool cute little musky..back in the water with you."

Just a point of reference I have had weeks up there where I boated three 48" and countless in the 24"-30" range. Currently my largest is a 51" and on that same trip had another up to the boat that I know as over 60" so the littler ones just go back in quickly to grow up, wipe the slime off and keep casting.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Sorry but I don't have any pictures. I have been going to Canada for the last 30 years chasing these guys and I hate to say it and it may be sad but they earned a "Cool cute little musky..back in the water with you."

Just a point of reference I have had weeks up there where I boated three 48" and countless in the 24"-30" range. Currently my largest is a 51" and on that same trip had another up to the boat that I know as over 60" so the littler ones just go back in quickly to grow up, wipe the slime off and keep casting.

Ok, checked and I did get pictures of them....kind of suprised me.

Bruce%20Lake%203-22-2009%203_zpspyq615yf.jpg

Bruce%20Lake%203-22-2009%201_zpsrjzq1nra.jpg

Top Bottom