• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • undecided

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I was just wondering what supressor would have the most uses. I know you could put a 223 supressor on a 22 rifle and it would work but what about a 9mm supressor on a 308 rifle? Basicly what caliber supressor would work on the most kind of firearms?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You don't want to be putting any pistol suppressor on any large caliber rifle. Pistol cans were made to handle the pressures associated with pistol cartridges. Though a .308 would technically fit through a 9mm can, it's pressure would destroy the can. About the most useful combo would only be .22lr through a 5.56 can. You are by far better off (and safe) only using a can for it's intended caliber.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Not to jack your thread but...............
    How about a 9mm can that mounts to my g19 and my 9mm ar? Are there a certain type of mount that would work best?

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    You don't want to be putting any pistol suppressor on any large caliber rifle. Pistol cans were made to handle the pressures associated with pistol cartridges. Though a .308 would technically fit through a 9mm can, it's pressure would destroy the can. About the most useful combo would only be .22lr through a 5.56 can. You are by far better off (and safe) only using a can for it's intended caliber.
    I was told that a .223/5.56 can won't suppress a .22lr. :dunno:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Not to jack your thread but...............
    How about a 9mm can that mounts to my g19 and my 9mm ar? Are there a certain type of mount that would work best?

There are a few 9mm cans that utilize adapters so you can mount it to a variety of host weapons.

For instance, my SWR Trident9 spends most of its time on my 9mm AR SBR, but I can remove the H&K 3-lug adapter and install the recoil booster/adapter and run it on my G17.

I won't get into the "recoil booster" technojumble too much, but if the intended pistol to be suppressed uses the Browning Tilt barrel design, meaning almost all with the exception of Beretta 92 type, you will HAVE to use a recoil booster.

madmanblake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2008
    Muncie
    I've been hearing good things about using the YHM .30 QD can - works on anything the QD flash-hider will mount on - .308, .223, .22LR

YHM, Yankee Hill Machine Co., Inc. – Makers of High Quality Firearms, Accessories & Sound Suppressors | Phantom 7.62 Sound Suppressor

Problem to me with this angle is the ungodly QD flash-hider monstrosity.

Or to support a Hoosier - Suppressed Armament Systems (SAS-LLC)

Products

also is supposed to work on .30 or smaller. Again, the flash hider option is not quite as desirable as it coould be.

linux_god

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Carmel
    Evo 9

Try an Evo 9 -- works on Glocks and w/ fixed barrel insert into can will tolerate light full auto fun on most subguns (STEN).

Top Bottom