• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Hi guys and gals. I found this forum from a members signature on the HKPro forum, where I'm a recent newbie. Used to live in the Evansville and New Albany areas until the last 18 years or so and plan on moving back south sometime next year. It will be nice to be able to converse with people who have the same accent! There is something in the WI water that makes people talk funny here.

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do on this site. What I have seen so far looks very good. And.... it's great to find some like minded individuals. Look forward to talking with you.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Welcome!!

My wife's boss is from Racine, and he just has this little twinge of an accent. Just enough to let me know that he's not from this area..

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Thanks. When I first moved to Milwaukee I was always asked if I was from Texas!? Funny enough though, several weeks later a guy from Alabama started there and I understood him just fine.:laugh:

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    You know... after a welcome like this I just kick myself for ever leaving the Hoosier state. Darn job....:xmad:

Next summer will not come fast enough.;)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Welcome to the site! :)

What part of the Milwaukee area are you in? My hubby (Lars, another Mod here) is from that area. I've tried to beat that darn northern accent out of him, but I still catch him using a long A instead of a short A in words like "bag" and "wagon."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom