• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOTA56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Columbia City
    Anyone know if there are theaters that you can CC in Fort Wayne? The theater here in Columbia City doesn't allow it so I wont go there. I want to take my daughter to see Rio 2, but hell if I'm not going protected.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Signs Signs Everywhere a Sign

While I rarely go to a movie theater I always CC and make sure I have a good light with me too. This is at Jefferson Pointe. There is usually a uniformed Sheriff's deputy in the lobby and I would imagine if you were OC and they saw it they may ask you to leave.

When entering I have looked for a No Gun sign but have not seen one. They do have a great deal of signage covering important things like No Outside Food or Drink. Of course the ever present No Smoking signs are proudly displayed. Then there are tons of posters all over the place prominently displaying lots and lots of guns that will be used in the movies they are showing. With all the guns featured on the posters I simply assume they are very Pro Gun and would want me to carry.

A couple of months ago we were there for a movie and about twenty minutes in the fire alarm went off and they evacuated all of the theaters. My thinking was using the fire alarm is the fastest way for management to empty the building no matter what the emergency. As we left I was keeping a close eye on what the real reason might have been. We headed over to the Tilted Kilt for some refreshments and returned for the next showing of the movie we were watching.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Tippecanoe County
    Unfortunately there aren't many theaters at all who will knowingly allow you to carry. My preference is "what they don't know won't hurt them" where I CC like I would anywhere else. Just last week I met up with a buddy to see Capt. America at the IMAX in Noblesville. No one, including my buddy or the armed guard, was any the wiser.

NicholasScott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2014
    United States
    see i dont have a choice but to OC...i carry a hipoint 45 but im going in a few weeks to get a hipoint 9mm...not sure if it will make a difference to be able to CC with when i need to

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I can say this is equally true for AMC 17 on the south side of Indy, Galaxy 14 on 96th Street, and AMC Traders Point off west 86th. Replace "1911" with "Zastava M57".
    Good lord, why would anybody ever want to do THAT?? :):
    ;)
    I don't have a 1911...yet....plus with the M57, I don't need to bring a flashlight. The flames this thing spits out will light up the theater in strobe-like fashion. ;)

I love my M57, I just wish (1) ammo was easier to find and (2) JHP could be found at all.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    You can CC a hi point 45, I know someone that has CCed a Desert Eagle, find a different holster and change your clothing a bit

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Went to a movie theater once last year (can't for the life of me remember which one in Indy) with a sign with a 1911 crossed out. I think management does not like 1911's but I was carrying a Glock so I was in the clear.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I think the sticker is a corporate requirement, but not necessarily something that every theater will enforce. I was in the Muncie theater by the mall (posted on every door) and a guy was OC a Glock sitting directly behind me. Perhaps nobody noticed, or they just do not care in that theater, IDK, but I know when you CC, unless its a Mossberg defender they probably wouldnt notice.

Top Bottom