• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    We have some of the old fashion style wood traps.They are a pain to set and not very fun to empty.I still use them in the garage but they are being phased out.

We have the tomcat heavy duty traps.While an improvement they are a real pain to set once bait is on them.They are very easy to empty though.
    Tomcat ® Heavy-duty Mouse Trap | GEMPLER'S

We now have a few of Mini T-Rex Mouse Snap Trap
    They are very easy to set(the bait in not on the trigger),and are just as easy to empty as the tomcat.I can not say enough good things about the design and use of these.

If anyone knows of an even better trap,let me know.Right now we are averaging 2 mice a day between the house and garage.Pine trees are dropping cones=explosion in mice population.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just look for a door with a beaten path leading up to it. That is where you will find your better mouse trap. ;) Or so the saying goes... :):

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't waste your money on these:

Mouse and Rat Control - Ortho® Home Defense MAX®

A small mouse doesn't weigh enough to trip it. They just eat the bait and leave.

Oh, and IBCM

ICBM? It may work,but would leave to much of a mess I would rather not have to clean up.
    Thanks for the tip on what not to try.Has anyone ever tried the multiple mouse catching systems?I have seen a few online,but at around $20 each was not sure they where worth it.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I used to use the regular mouse traps until they got too smart and just licked the peanut butter off, so then I got some glue traps. I put a lil peanut butter in the middle, and then I shoot them in the head with a bb gun when I catch them.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    If you have a large enough space for it, the 5 gallon bucket water traps work pretty good and do not require daily resets.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    ICBM? It may work,but would leave to much of a mess I would rather not have to clean up.
    Thanks for the tip on what not to try.Has anyone ever tried the multiple mouse catching systems?I have seen a few online,but at around $20 each was not sure they where worth it.

Amazon.com : Victor TIN CAT Live Mouse Trap M310 : Home Pest Control Traps : Patio, Lawn & Garden

We used one of these in our pigeon cage in the barn once and sometimes it would get so full that you couldn't even see through it (there are slits at each end). Over the course of a week we probably had 100 mice caught. We fed them to the barn cats by putting the trap into a barrel and opening the lid with a stick.

Oh and if you do get one of these, make sure to clean it good. We didn't do a good job of that and now there is caked on junk in it that is a pain. And make sure to check it every day.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I used to use the regular mouse traps until they got too smart and just licked the peanut butter off, so then I got some glue traps. I put a lil peanut butter in the middle, and then I shoot them in the head with a bb gun when I catch them.
    :+1:
    In the old barns we used to use a 5 gallon bucket filled with about 6 inches of water. Then you fashion a tin can on a steel rod run so that the can will freely roll like a log-roll on it above the water, smear peanut butter on the can and leave it be. Come back a day later to a bucket full of dead mice.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    We have some of the old fashion style wood traps.They are a pain to set and not very fun to empty.I still use them in the garage but they are being phased out.

We have the tomcat heavy duty traps.While an improvement they are a real pain to set once bait is on them.They are very easy to empty though.

Tomcat ® Heavy-duty Mouse Trap | GEMPLER'S

We now have a few of Mini T-Rex Mouse Snap Trap
    They are very easy to set(the bait in not on the trigger),and are just as easy to empty as the tomcat.I can not say enough good things about the design and use of these.

If anyone knows of an even better trap,let me know.Right now we are averaging 2 mice a day between the house and garage.Pine trees are dropping cones=explosion in mice population.

THANKS
    for the Tip, field mice have been Bad this year :yesway:

Top Bottom