• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Nearly 2 years ago I had a 'issue' with the DNR at Mounds State Park concerning open carry while camping:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...carry_at_mounds_state_park_educating_dnr.html

Just wanted to provide a little update. On the 4th of July my wife and I kayaked into Mounds and loaded up the boats. While leaving we decided to stop by the Camp Store on the way out for an ice cream! :rockwoot:While inside we purchased the ice creams and not a word was said by the very nice lady/cashier. On the way out I noticed a DNR truck (I think just by chance) pull along the entrance, stop and get out. I told the wife I need to stop by the porta pot. As I approached the porta pot I noticed another DNR pull up with 2 (I assume people doing community service from jail in jump suits) others. It was around noon and very hot so still assuming rest room break and to cool off in the camp store.

I finished my business and walked back toward my vehicle and the DNR person that had the 2 guys standing and watching me. As I walked by I just greeted him and kept on walking. Not a word was said. The fact that I was OCing wasn't in question as when I kayak I use a drop tactical holster so that the weapon drops below the ridge of the kayak and doesn't rub. MUCH more comfortable!

GREAT JOB MOUNDS PARK! :patriot: Made my 4th July all the better!

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Good for you. It's time we stop getting treated like criminals. A day where nothing negative is said is a good one, a day where nothing is said is better. I don't comment on people wearing their phones on their belt, I'd appreciate it if they didn't mention my gun.

Top Bottom