• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    My old motocross buddy Tim posted some pics of his Marine Corps tribute bike he built a few years ago. Amazing what this guy can do.

Naked frame

FB_IMG_1703904496397.jpg

Mid build it's shaping up.

FB_IMG_1703904505927.jpg

Finished product.

FB_IMG_1703904514605.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

Want opinions on a paint change.​

I know what I want, (well sort of) and I think I've got this one figured out, but I thought I'd give the ole interwebs a chance to chime in.

My bike is a '96 FLSTN. I do love the old classic 2 tone paint, and that is one of the reasons I got this particular bike... but now I'm having second thoughts.
    The Mystique Green and Platinum Silver look good when standing next to it, but here more and more I'm noticing something. From the side... the silver kinda washes it out, blending in a bit too much with the chrome. Not much contrast like plain old black and chrome.

As she sits now...

1 1996 FLSTN Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Nostalgia  two tone Mystique Green and Platinum ...jpg

IMG_4630.JPG

To further exasperate the problem, I've been hauling our VFW "Some Gave All" raffle bike around to gun shows selling tickets. The black bike, on a black trailer, behind a black suburban really looks like a nice set up. Like rich people and their custom boats.

Plans are to have the silver parts done over in black. Something along these lines. (excuse my poor computer art skills)

2 1996 Black FLSTN Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Nostalgia FLSTN.jpg

IMG_4630 - Copy.JPG

I love it, and I'm 90% sure that's what I'm gonna do, just wondering if the crowd is thinking the same or not.
    Don't often see a 2 tone bike where one of the colors is black.
    To me, it makes the chrome pop much more, and I'd still have that real cool Mystique Green on the top which is pretty dark.

What say INGO on the matter?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Want opinions on a paint change.​

I know what I want, (well sort of) and I think I've got this one figured out, but I thought I'd give the ole interwebs a chance to chime in.

My bike is a '96 FLSTN. I do love the old classic 2 tone paint, and that is one of the reasons I got this particular bike... but now I'm having second thoughts.
    The Mystique Green and Platinum Silver look good when standing next to it, but here more and more I'm noticing something. From the side... the silver kinda washes it out, blending in a bit too much with the chrome. Not much contrast like plain old black and chrome.

As she sits now...

View attachment 324841

View attachment 324842

To further exasperate the problem, I've been hauling our VFW "Some Gave All" raffle bike around to gun shows selling tickets. The black bike, on a black trailer, behind a black suburban really looks like a nice set up. Like rich people and their custom boats.

Plans are to have the silver parts done over in black. Something along these lines. (excuse my poor computer art skills)

View attachment 324843

View attachment 324844

I love it, and I'm 90% sure that's what I'm gonna do, just wondering if the crowd is thinking the same or not.
    Don't often see a 2 tone bike where one of the colors is black.
    To me, it makes the chrome pop much more, and I'd still have that real cool Mystique Green on the top which is pretty dark.

What say INGO on the matter?
    The Green/silver is a unique look. Black and chrome are classic. If I were going to the effort I would go all black or leave it Green/silver. I like Black/chrome myself.

20200923_145756.jpg

Top Bottom