• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Nothing wrong with Kawis lol. If someone could convince Kawasaki and Honda to collaborate where Honda handles the motor and aesthetics while Kawasaki handles everything else (particularly the transmission), I'd need to see a doctor for priapism.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Life-long rider here (learned on a YSR50 at the age of nine), but new to Indy. I’ll have to find out the good routes up here in the north, since most roads seem like pretty straight line county roads, haha.

I also still need to freight my bike out from AZ (didn’t fit in the shipping container), which won’t be cheap. I still have the YSR50 I learned on but it needs a frame up restoration. The big toy is a 2008 Kawasaki Concours14. I also sold a 2003 FZ1 (in the rare Kenny Roberts “Bumble Bee” livery) to help fund the move out here. That one hurt quite a bit, but such is life!

Anyway, any good routes in the northern portion of the state? :)

Last edited:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Welcome to the forum and to Indiana.
    You reference North Indy, but that really is short for North Indianapolis.
    The 1400 is a great bike. It was one I considered before the ST1300 which was a few bikes ago.
    Sorry to say, but in northern Indiana the exciting parts of the road is when you change from riding along a cornfield to riding alongside a bean field.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Welcome to the forum and to Indiana.
    You reference North Indy, but that really is short for North Indianapolis.
    The 1400 is a great bike. It was one I considered before the ST1300 which was a few bikes ago.
    Sorry to say, but in northern Indiana the exciting parts of the road is when you change from riding along a cornfield to riding alongside a bean field.

Edited, thanks!

And that’s a shame. I guess I’ll have to snoop around some. I’m not opposed to hitting up MI or OH for a day ride either, if time permits. :)

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    My dreams of the bumblebee RZ500 were never fulfilled. Couldn't even buy the RZ350 because I was stationed in Commiefornia. Poop!

I stumbled upon mine. I had an ‘01 ZX6R that needed a bunch of work that I knew I wouldn’t be able to pull off without a replacement (the bike was my main transportation), so I started poking around some. Figured I’d wind up with a more economical option like an SV650 or something, but learned of the existence of the Bumble Bee FZ1 in the process and was instantly attracted to it.

So I post an ad on the local AZ shooting forum saying I was looking for a bike and listed several I was interested in. I put the 2003 FZ1 Bee on there specifically, knowing they only made them for a year and didn’t think anything would come of it.

Lo and behold, a local guy says he has one in his garage. Hadn’t run for awhile so we talked and settled on the FZ1 w/ a bunch of parts in trade for a nice SPR-type AR I’d built, valued around $2K or so. Got the bike home, rebuilt a bunch of it, and got 35,000 strong miles out of it! I found out a few weeks after getting it that NADA and KBB put it at about $4500 in value at the time (had it been running). Felt pretty good about that, and it was a helluva fun ride!

At some point I need to add an ‘05 ZX10R to my stable for a bit. I’ve always wanted one of them!

KeeperoftheH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    I'm sure there's like 1000 of these on here, but I still love my Nighthawk 650. As common as it is, it was always a dream bike for me, and fits me perfectly. Bought it for a steal, overhauled the charging system, and she's (mostly) good to go, just gotta swap out the old fork seals and do an oil change. IMAG2174_2.jpg
    And, I'm no believer in patron saints, but Han serves as my inspiration.

IMAG4594.jpg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My brother-in-law swears by the Nighthawk. I got to ride my buddy's when I rode with the UMFofA (military riding group with a menagerie of bikes). I wasn't impressed as I was riding a KZ700 with a K2 exhaust. Super fun bike. Miss it but just a bike.

KeeperoftheH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    My brother-in-law swears by the Nighthawk. I got to ride my buddy's when I rode with the UMFofA (military riding group with a menagerie of bikes). I wasn't impressed as I was riding a KZ700 with a K2 exhaust. Super fun bike. Miss it but just a bike.
    I guess that's what I love about it, it's a "jack of all trades" bike; it does most things well, but isn't really the best at anything. Handles competently, but you won't be throwing it into every corner; fast, but not enough to really get you into trouble; torquey, but not enough to rip the road out from under you; and the riding position is a sensible compromise between reclining (like a cruiser) or humping the tank (like a sport bike). But, above any of that, it just "fits" me. It felt right from the second I got on it, and every control was right where it felt like it should be.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I recently put new bearings and races in the steering head of my 2004 Springer, not rocket science so all went fairly well. In the process I dropped something and it hit the tank and took out a small chip of paint. This is original factory paint and it was part way down on the front so not real obvious place.
    Found a place that sells touch up paint and it is a perfect color match. I can see a little wave where it is from my not being smooth enough when applying. It was not cheap, $45.00 for the kit but contained a cleaning wipe, primer, color and clear coat.
    Not connected with them or anything like that, just wanted to share something that worked well for me. Jim.
    https://touchupdirect.com/?msclkid=..._term=TouchUpDirect&utm_content=TouchUpDirect

Top Bottom