• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Mother killed during attempted robbery while unloading bags from car | Fox 59

Hilary was my buddy's girl friend in high school. She went to Plainfield high school. I feel so bad for her family. She was beautiful and nice.

I hope they catch these SOB's and are punished to the max that the law allows. I hope worse things upon them, but will not post it here. I'm just sad, and angry.

I have not seen her in at least 10 years, she was always giving me her opinion on the girls I dated. She often felt I could do better, and I took it as a huge compliment coming from her.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Very sorry to hear about this... It makes me sick and angry to hear about this kind of thing.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Violence can happen anywhere. But, I moved out of Indy because there seems to be a lot less of it where I live now. I only have to go there to work now.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Violence can happen anywhere. But, I moved out of Indy because there seems to be a lot less of it where I live now. I only have to go there to work now.
    I had to move within the county for work. Had a nice spread just outside of Martinsville before. I miss the rural life, but I love my job now and hated my previous job. I don't hear of random acts of violence here, in Mars Hill but I'm sure it happens.

To be honest, I almost hope there is more to this story. It would be easier to comprehended.
    This is just pointless and evil.

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The news accounts I have read are confusing. She was killed at 1400 South East Street....essentially Terrace and East. One story says she and a male friend were coming home from a Goodwill store at 1:15AM on Monday morning....there is no Goodwill Store in the area within walking distance. The male friend supposedly offered the bad guys $102 in cash and his newly purchase Goodwill clothes...the closest thing to a grocery store in that area is a couple of gas stations up by the Burger King....we ain't getting the whole story.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The news accounts I have read are confusing. She was killed at 1400 South East Street....essentially Terrace and East. One story says she and a male friend were coming home from a Goodwill store at 1:15AM on Monday morning....there is no Goodwill Store in the area within walking distance. The male friend supposedly offered the bad guys $102 in cash and his newly purchase Goodwill clothes...the closest thing to a grocery store in that area is a couple of gas stations up by the Burger King....we ain't getting the whole story.

Interesting points. And why would the guy chase after the robbers if he knew his girlfriend had been shot? And given the time of day, it makes you wonder. Drug buy gone bad?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Didn't know Goodwill was open at 1:15am...

Waiting for the rest of the details, not a lot of thugs want to go sit in prison for 10 years for $102.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Those were the same things that gave me pause also when I heard the news reports. Also, he said that he ran after the robbers without knowing that she had been shot - and that they continued to shoot at him while he chased them. It just doesn't make sense. Oh, and the biggest head-scratcher of all: the robbers didn't end up taking anything, goods or cash.

It very well may be simply a random robbery - but I also wouldn't be surprised if the whole things ends up with the boyfriend being charged with felony murder.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ...I also wouldn't be surprised if the whole things ends up with the boyfriend being charged with felony murder.

Were I a betting man, that's where my money would be.

Some of the IMPD statements - "this is a very rare occurrence," etc. - suggest to me that they are suspicious, too. Wonder if there's security video like with that guy who was going for a walk and got mugged.

Top Bottom