• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to wonder how the "city" is actually calculated. Indy would be everything in Marion county while I would bet places like St. Louis only count a small fraction of the actual town as so much is broken up into different political divisions. You really could get a ranking to go many different ways depending on how you wanted to interpret the data.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Those rank #s are not correct. I'm not sure what they are computing, since it isn't the Violent Crime rate... (I understand you just copied it off the site, but something is not right there...)
    Yep. Here is the list ranked by crime rate
    1690376336418.png

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    .....as a youth that grew up in the sticks during the 50's-60's...the Indianapolis of the 70's-80's was a fun place to work, run around and live in......today, many of the places of my memory are now the subject of murders, robbery and every other issue one can conjure up. I now live far from the city lights back in the sticks I longed to leave and have little desire to go up there unless I have to.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Is this "rate per 100k" or what? Indianapolis is particularly "impressive" when you consider we're apparently including our suburbs in the calculation, and most of the other cities are not. I wonder what the rate would be if calculated within the "pre-Unigov" city limits?

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    Is this "rate per 100k" or what? Indianapolis is particularly "impressive" when you consider we're apparently including our suburbs in the calculation, and most of the other cities are not. I wonder what the rate would be if calculated within the "pre-Unigov" city limits?
    ....yes, it's based on murders per "100K", this is covered on a YT video.....unless one is completely naive, newly every city or town of some size will have an area(s) that could be considered unsafe? Cities like New York, Chicago, Houston et al are easy targets for blame because they're large and always in the news, lol......

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    ....yes, it's based on murders per "100K", this is covered on a YT video.....unless one is completely naive, newly every city or town of some size will have an area(s) that could be considered unsafe? Cities like New York, Chicago, Houston et al are easy targets for blame because they're large and always in the news, lol......
    Chicago is pretty much unsafe now. The crime no longer stays primarily in certain neighborhoods like it used to.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Having grown up in Tennessee I remember when Memphis had "rough areas" and seems like we never heard anything about Nashville. But I wouldn't live in or near either one now, if you paid me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Having grown up in Tennessee I remember when Memphis had "rough areas" and seems like we never heard anything about Nashville. But I wouldn't live in or near either one now, if you paid me.
    I don't even go to Chicago anymore if I can help it. Been there three times since the covid shutdown. Once to the burbs to get my car, and twice downtown for work.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I don't even go to Chicago anymore if I can help it. Been there three times since the covid shutdown. Once to the burbs to get my car, and twice downtown for work.
    I avoid it as well. However, I need to be downtown next weekend then again in November. Not really looking forward to it.

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    Chicago is pretty much unsafe now. The crime no longer stays primarily in certain neighborhoods like it used to.
    ....based on the nightly news, you could say the same thing about Indianapolis....when I was a pup, the Downtown and Westside were the dangerous places, now one isn't even safe in Beech Grove, Southport or even Greenwood, lol....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think I can accurately say now it's been decades (2) since I've been there. There's nothing there I want to go see or do.

Top Bottom