• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I know they make match .22 rifle ammo, but I am not sure about pistol. I know they make wolf Gold, but that's just brass casings. I do know that in alot of the major comeptitions involving .223 rifles being fired, that they use Black Hills. Now have read some articles about Wolf being the most accurate out of rounds being tested, in new firearms. Again though every weapon is different.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I always found Federal's 115 grain JHP round, the 9BP, to be the most consistently accurate round out there.

Hornady's XTPs are usually pretty good, also. Their 147 grain bullet is very accurate out of my Beretta.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    fiocchi extrema

The XTP bullet is very accurate. You can get the Fiocchi Extrema which has the Hornady XTP bullet for about half the price you will pay for the XTP Hormady factory ammo which comes in a 25 round box(no the box is not round. LOL) The Fiocchi comes in a 50 box. stay safe

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I hate to say it...but if you're looking to determine what's the most accurate out of your pistol by May 25... You don't have the time.

As has been said a few times, what is accurate out of your gun might not be out of someone else's.

To determine accuracy, one needs to shoot several rounds from several manufacturers. It would also help if you have a shooting rest that will allow you to remove as much shooter-introduced variation as possible.

Also, it seems that some pistols MAY have a higher "inherent accuracy" than others...due to the sum of their parts working together in such away as to lessen and/or remove "slop" in the pistol as it fires.

Having said the above... I've personally had "good luck" with Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ. I was getting slightly-larger-than-a-quarter 5-shot groups with my Springfield EMP, shooting free hand.

-J-

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Thanks for the replies!

We'll be shooting at a 1" bullseye and rings from 10 to 5 from there out. The target is the size of a piece of paper and we will be shooting at 25 feet.

I'll be shooting this out of my X-5. These are hand built by Sig in Germany.

I did a session with American Eagle 115gr, 124gr, and 147gr and my group closed up quite a bit with the 147gr. I just can't find anymore. Well, maybe I just need to move to another gun. I haven't been able to use the one yet, but my P220S won the last one.

Top Bottom