• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Looking for a possible new rifle for use at Appleseeds. I have Marlins model 60 and 795 but looking for something my wife can easily use.

Does anyone have experience with the Mossberg Tactical 22? reason I am considering is the removable Mag for changes,sling studs, rail for mounting a scope. hopefully not to terrible on the weight.

Is the mag release the same on the Mossberg Tactical as all standard AR type rifles? push the lever and mag will drop free?

I would buy another 795 but the mag changes are not all that easy to accomplish.

If this is not really a good choice for an additional .22 to use at Appleseeds then learn me!

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I would look elsewhere if I was you. The tactical Plinkster is just a plastic clamshell that surrounds the 702 action. The sights are not click adjustable, the action moves in the stock a lot. I hate to say it but you get what you pay for.
    now I had a regular 702 Plinkster for a loaner rifle and it was fine. Would eat anything and accurate. I gave $120 for it with a 4x scope.

I believe you have one of the top 2 LTRs with the 795. Great rifle for the money just keep a few extra firing pins around. I would recommend either a Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 795 for an Appleseed rifle that will last.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Thanks Mudact
    Guess I better look higher like a dedicated 22 M&P or something similar. did not know about th efiring pin issue. guess i better get a couple for backup

jstultz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    south central indiana
    I attended my first appleseed in march and there were several 10/22s there and a few ar style 22s. a mag change should be second nature not something you have to fight with just my 2 cents

bod

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Just purchased a ruger 10/22 for a appleseed shoot. Very hard to beat this rifle for the money IMO. It is light weight, easy to handle and very accurate.

Top Bottom