• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMG-ZOMBIES

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    I have shot a couple 3-gun matches and would like to upgrade to a semi-auto shotgun. I like the the mossberg's price, ready to run out of the box, safety location and the way it feels. I am a righty shooting lefty. At the matches I have been watching the shotguns perform and if there is a malfunction it is nearly always a mossberg, something that reviews also suggest. THE QUESTION: If you are running a 930 what kind of problems have you had and what is your fix for them? Have the issues been addressed by mossberg, (newer models improved) or is it a design issue? Anyone running them hard and have no issues? Stoeger has a new 3-gun model that looks good, just wish it came with an extended mag tube and would love to pick one up and see what if feels like.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Have more than a few rounds through my 930 jm pro (1-2k rounds now) and i have had no issues what soever. I also dont try to game the game to much and run super soft loadings which helps a lot.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I don't shoot 3-gun.

But I do have a JM Pro 930 24". Took a few hundred rounds to get the kinks worked out, but now it runs flawlessly.

Upgraded to a low-drag follower after the factory follower got hung up on the joint between the mag tube and the extension. Now, I do not have that problem anymore.

Upgraded the lifter to one without the cut out...now my fingers don't get pinched when reloading.

Other than that, she is all stock and runs great. For the price, it cannot be beat.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The Stoegers are easier to load fast and you can really open their ports up. I had a M3000 and the Nordic tubes for Benelli Novas work for extended ones. My only problem with it was the stock was a little too long and not many options to change or adjust it. Also no factory or aftermarket barrels were available so it couldn't play a double role for me.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    Have more than a few rounds through my 930 jm pro (1-2k rounds now) and i have had no issues what soever. I also dont try to game the game to much and run super soft loadings which helps a lot.

"Game the Game?"
    And which loads do you and it like ??

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    I've run about 300 rds through my Mossy JM Pro so far and zero issues. I completely disassembled it and cleaned it per Jerry Miculek's video on youtube prior to firing anything. To stay on the safe side, I've been running 1250-1300 FPS 7 1/2 shot for bird and 1500 fps 1 oz slugs. No issues whatsoever. After another few hundred rounds or so, I'll do a complete teardown/clean again and then maybe start playing with some lower powered loads. Even with the standard loads, the recoil is very manageable for me and I might not even mess with it. Very happy with the performance and price point of this shotgun. After almost ripping my thumbnail off while loading pairs, I will be getting a welded lifter for it very soon. Other than that, I couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom