• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nuke-in-Indy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Avon
    The Carbines have more felt recoil but it's managable.
    My NEF 20 ga single shot kicks worse.
    I just took delivery of 2 more M38's.
    I need to thin my Mosin herd, it's out grown my safe. :)

Karl, let me know when you want to thin your Mosin herd down. I'd be more than happy to let them graze at my place. :D

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Mosin

The Great thing about mosins is that their still not too hard to find in good condition. You really just need to determine why you want one. If your looking from a collectors stand point, then yes you want matching numbers etc, however if you just want to shoot the heck out of it, you can pick one up for $80 shipped and off you go!

CoyoteCreekGuns

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    mosins

Hi,
    I started collecting mosins a long time ago, and believe me the disease mosinitis is very easy to get, because of the cheap price, they multiply fast... the most expensive ones are Finnish made, well actually they did not make recievers, but they rebarreled a lot of the ones they "found" and they are some of the most accurate military rifles ever made. look up finnish model 39 and you can get a nice one still for $200 or so if you look around. they were made (barreled) by Sako, Tikka and Valmet during the war years and even up to the 1970's!
    if you want a 91/30 sometimes Dunhams runs russian made on sale for $69 but take a chance on finding some help there..lol..
    Good rifles, but rough functioning if you are used to a 1903 or mauser.

PhantomJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I got to shoot the Mosin this weekend for the first time. It is pretty sweet. I think it cycled pretty well considering it was mass produced in 1941. Not smooth like a modern hunting rifle, but functional. So, all in all, I am very happy with my purchase. I foresee more Mosins in my future. :rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom