• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    The cops in Ohio are constipated. Some worse than others. Maybe some concealed Exlax would have done the trick.

I know it's a serious situation but the cops in Ohio just need to chill the **** out. It's a nice state with nice people but for some reason the cops always seems real uptight. More than other states for some reason.

Ok, Pennsylvania cops are worse but that's just my opinion.

At least they don't let their motorcycle cops dress up in Nazi uniforms like in the State of New York. If you would have seen this you would have laughed, then been real concerned. Seriously !

Of course that was close to the Woodstock exit so there must be some weird leftover karma or something around that area.

This country is losing it's mind................

cascadewalker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Seems like he should be more concerned about the "drugs and prostitution" in the neighborhoods that he mentions twice, and less about the evil guns, oh, but hey, it's not about stopping crime in Canton now is it ? It's about disarming Americans so his police state will meet with less resistance.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    He is a law partner who I would assume lives in a white, quiet, well-protected area with street lights and constant police patrols. He has NO idea what it is like to be scared to go to the corner store or take his kids to teh park. Liberals are in a dream world where everyone is JUST LIKE THEM.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Like a broken record, always the same tired old lie for a prefatory clause ...
    "I believe in people's right to bear arms,but ..."
    ... followed by the main clause, outing themselves as proponents of gun control statutes, in other words infringements on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
    "I believe in rational, reasonable gun laws, and these concealed weapons are going to create a lot of problems", said Schulman. "And my biggest concern is, it's going to end up killing people."
    "Common sense laws". "Reasonable restrictions". That way, anyone who disagrees with them isn't rational or reasonable, lacks common sense, or is just "crazy". These concealed weapons - your weapons - cause problems. Oh, and by the way, guns kill. Gunz-R-Bad, mmmkay? And only the police and military should have guns, 'cause they're the only ones profeshnul 'nuff to handle da Glock Fotay.

Silence, you peasants! You crazy gun nuts, you out-of-staters! You and your outmoded 2nd Amendment that has no place in our "modern society". He's a lawyer and a "councilman"! How dare you question or criticize his "expert" opinion! This is a matter of public safety! He knows what's best for you! :):

Must be something in the water over there.
    Yeah, it makes one wonder. Then again, some of it seeped over here. The same type of drivel (somewhat reworded) has been posted occasionally right here on INGunowners whenever topics come up such as licensing, registration, background checks, state-mandated training to get the ridiculous permission slip, and who/what/when/where/how one might be "allowed" to keep and/or bear arms. Some even advocated making Indiana gun laws more like Ohio, so that they could appease the powers that be over there.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Came across this news story with disturbing quotes from the Canton City Council President, Allen Schulman (D)
    Driver Says Right Were Violated By Canton Police Officer - WJW

Schulman appears to blame the victim for Officer Harless's psychotic behavior: (excerpt from story)

Schulman told Fox 8, "We've received hundreds of e-mails, all from out of town, not only out of town but out of state, Texas, Arizona, places that seem to love people carrying concealed weapons."

Schulman said the case illustrates the inherent dangers of Ohio's concealed weapon law, which he calls, "crazy".

"I believe in people's right to bear arms, but I believe in rational, reasonable gun laws, and these concealed weapons are going to create a lot of problems", said Schulman. "And my biggest concern is, it's going to end up killing people."

As best I can see, the only "crazy" thing in the incident was Officer Harless, and the only one who would have ended up being killed or "executed" to use Officer Harless's words was William Bartlett, the legally-armed resident assaulted by Officer Harless.

Here is councilman Schulman's website with e-mail.
    Allen Schulman :: City Council :: cantonohio.gov

Please be courteous and professional, if you choose to write to him.
    The fool should be more worried about calls and emails from out of state. Doesn't he understand that's where tourist dollars come from? IF I ever get to his sorry town I'll treat it just like I treat the whole state of Illinois: Spend no money but use several restrooms and flush often then gas and food out of county. (BTW, for the first time I saw this story on AOL. That's some serious liberal news source and they finally covered it.)

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    What an angry arrogant bastard... This clown thinks its ok to blame the 2nd Amendment when LEOs decide to abuse their authority. Newflash for you Schulman: Canton is NOT your little fiefdom, you must abide by State and Federal laws, the only laws broken were by YOUR LEO, not the man LEGALLY carrying a handgun. And no, concealed carry laws did not make your irresponsible loose cannon of a LEO behave in the manner in which he did.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My Utah license allows me to carry in Canton. Should I expect that kind of treatment when I am passing through their town with my EDC? How am I to know what the "crime ridden" parts of town are? Do I need to call the council and ask them? Somehow I'm hearing the movie line "Boy, you in a heap O' trouble." No, wait, I think I hear banjo music.
    "We don't like your kind around here."
    Classy response, gents, real classy.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    What's amazing to me is that the officer acted and spoke the way he did during the stop, knowing he was being both audio and video recorded by the dash cam. Can you imagine how he treats people when he is not being actively recorded? He clearly did not care that the dash cam was recording his behavior and felt that he could act without any regard for being held accountable for his behavior.
    so far it looks like hes right. the only thing he has got is paid vacation. he will end up like every other criminal with a badge. when his vacation is over he will get promoted and go back to work.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The "war on guns" is alive an well in Canton. An now we know why these officers behaved this way...seems to be strongly incouraged. Guns are bad so anyone with a gun is to be treated bad until we get rid of them from our state an get the law changed to no carry.....

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    so far it looks like hes right. the only thing he has got is paid vacation. he will end up like every other criminal with a badge. when his vacation is over he will get promoted and go back to work.
    I don't think so on this one. "Lucky" for him would be not getting charged with felony threatening, battery and a few other charges. The best he can hope for is dismissal without charges being filed and a possibility of getting some kind of pension. He might even get a medical discharge type of retirement.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I don't think so on this one. "Lucky" for him would be not getting charged with felony threatening, battery and a few other charges. The best he can hope for is dismissal without charges being filed and a possibility of getting some kind of pension. He might even get a medical discharge type of retirement.

Rectalcranial Inversion SOUNDS like a medical condition, doesn't it?

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The officer, Harless, is totally out of control and needs to be held accountable. However, the Mayor of Canton seems to be invisible in the whole thing, but the President of the City Council, Alan Schulman is everything but invisible with his unhinged blame-the-victim rant against the laws of the land pertaining to carrying handguns.

The problems in Canton are systemic: Harless's actions were neither isolated nor is he an anomoly. Starting with the seemingly non-existent Mayor and championed by a fervent anti-gun City Council President, the behavior of Officer Harless has both tacit approval and, I suspect, direct encouragement.

Things will not change in Canton with the current Mayor, City Council President, and Chief of Police. The anti-gun ethos will simply be driven underground and become more covert than overt.

I am still wondering how in the world that dash cam video got out. A mole? A whistleblower? If so, the "city fathers" will crucify him if they can identify him.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Anybody know how the Canton citizens are reacting to this?
    Are they demanding justice?
    Whats the word on the street?
    Anybody know?

Top Bottom